Trying to give an overall estimate on the cost shipping a car to Kenya is impossible with a few details. That is why most transport companies ask that you provide them with some information before they can give you a quote.
After this information is received and the shipping services have been decided upon, an estimate of the transport can be given.
Buying shipping services through a professional transporter isn’t the only expense that you will need to pay for. Every country charges taxes on the items imported. For motor vehicles, these rates are sometimes very high. These taxes must be paid and proof of the payment must be shown to the Customs office to gain the car’s import approval.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Kenya’s Tax Rates for Auto Import
- Import Duty- 25% of the customs value.
- Excise Duty- 20% of the customs value and import duty.
- VAT- 16% of the customs value, import duty, and excise duty.
These rates can increase or even decrease frequently. It is wise to contact the Embassy of Kenya before the transport so that you know exactly what is required of you and how much the taxes are. The transport company will also be there to guide you through and answer any of your questions.
How Do Transport Companies Determine the Cost of Shipping?
- The make and model of the vehicle.
- The size and weight of the vehicle.
- What shipping services are desired.
- The distance they must travel to deliver the car.