Anytime you need a car shipped to another country, you must find a reliable and well-known overseas auto transporter to carry out the delivery of the car. It is the only proven way to get a car across the ocean and lawfully imported into Switzerland from the U.S.
Luckily, the shipping rates are kept low and it is easy to find a dependable transport company to get your car delivered overseas.
About three months before you would like the transport to begin, start searching online for reputable overseas shipping companies near your home. Hire services from a transporter you trust to handle your vehicle. Make sure they carry insurance coverage. Carrying insurance coverage on the vehicles in their care is a requirement. It is also a great way for the shipper to guarantee your car’s safe transport to Switzerland
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What Must I Do after the Transport Is Booked?
When you have your car’s shipping process scheduled it’s time to start preparing the vehicle for its travels. This isn’t a time consuming process. In fact, it’ll probably take only a few hours of your time. However, preparing the vehicle has nothing to do with preparing the necessary proof for Customs to gain import approval. Call the Embassy of Switzerland to find out what you need.
- Wash off the exterior of the car. All debris and grime should be gone.
- Clean out the interior of the vehicle. Remove any items that don’t belong to the car. If you chose open air shipping services, only the car jack, spare tire and floor mats can be left behind. Otherwise, you can fill the car with belongings permitted into Switzerland as long as you purchased container shipping services.
- Look at all fluids in the car. Top them off as needed. The only fluid that doesn’t need to be filled is the gas tank. It should read ¼ full or less.
- Disconnect the battery and alarm system if asked.
- Take pictures of the car’s inside and outside. Jot down any damages that the vehicle may already bear. You can use these notes as a reference during your final inspection after the vehicle has been delivered to the country.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?