Global Yacht Shipping
With the strong demand for shipping services all over the world, it’s no wonder there are so many global shipping companies located in the United States. Dealerships, manufacturers and boat enthusiasts have the need to ship their water vessels frequently whether it’s across the nation or to another country. Luckily, there are many wonderful global yacht shipping companies for you to choose from when you’re on the hunt for transport services.
The process of shipping a yacht globally takes thorough planning and extensive knowledge involving the transport of water vessels regardless of their size. When a yacht is shipped to another country, there is a lot involved. You’ll need to provide very specific documents and proof to Customs to gain import approval. Hiring a transport company with international transport services is the greatest, most affordable way to get a yacht to another country. They’ll help you gather the documentation you need for the Customs department.
Preparing to Ship Your Yacht to another Country
Preparing to ship a yacht to another country takes some time. Make sure you schedule your transport at least a few months in advance. To find out exactly what must be done to appease Customs and gain approval for import, contact the embassy of the nation you wish to send the yacht to. They’ll even inform you of the current tax rates which must be paid before you’re able to ship the yacht off.
Aside from gathering documentation, the yacht must be prepared according to the transport company’s regulations. This includes but isn’t limited to, the following.
- Secure any and all latches and hatches. You can use rope, zip ties, tape, or anything else that will help keep these openings shut tightly during the transport.
- Disconnect any electronics, appliances and batteries.
- Remove any hazardous materials including oil, fuel and flammable liquids.
- Remove any valuables or personal items. The transporter will not be held responsible for the safety of these items.
- Secure all cables, ropes and gears on the yacht.
- Lock all windows and doors. Also secure all drawers and cabinets shut.
After you schedule your yacht’s transport, the shipping company will tell you how they prefer the yacht to be prepared for its travels.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory