What is the Global Yacht Shipping?
With the strong demand for shipping services all over the world, it’s no wonder there are so many global shipping companies located in the United States. Dealerships, manufacturers and boat enthusiasts have the need to ship their water vessels frequently whether it’s across the nation or to another country. Luckily, there are many wonderful global yacht shipping companies for you to choose from when you’re on the hunt for transport services.
The process of shipping a yacht globally takes thorough planning and extensive knowledge involving the transport of water vessels regardless of their size. When a yacht is shipped to another country, there is a lot involved. You’ll need to provide very specific documents and proof to Customs to gain import approval. Hiring a transport company with international transport services is the greatest, most affordable way to get a yacht to another country. They’ll help you gather the documentation you need for the Customs department.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Preparing to Ship Your Yacht to another Country
Preparing to ship a yacht to another country takes some time. Make sure you schedule your transport at least a few months in advance. To find out exactly what must be done to appease Customs and gain approval for import, contact the embassy of the nation you wish to send the yacht to. They’ll even inform you of the current tax rates which must be paid before you’re able to ship the yacht off.
Aside from gathering documentation, the yacht must be prepared according to the transport company’s regulations. This includes but isn’t limited to, the following.
- Secure any and all latches and hatches. You can use rope, zip ties, tape, or anything else that will help keep these openings shut tightly during the transport.
- Disconnect any electronics, appliances and batteries.
- Remove any hazardous materials including oil, fuel and flammable liquids.
- Remove any valuables or personal items. The transporter will not be held responsible for the safety of these items.
- Secure all cables, ropes and gears on the yacht.
- Lock all windows and doors. Also secure all drawers and cabinets shut.
After you schedule your yacht’s transport, the shipping company will tell you how they prefer the yacht to be prepared for its travels.