Shipping a car to another country is a process that comes with risks. Of course, these risks are drastically reduced when you hire trustworthy professionals to oversee the auto transport.
Nevertheless, there are other ways to assure the safety of your vehicle as it heads to Macedonia for its delivery.
All transporters hold their customers responsible for the vehicle’s preparation. All cars should undergo this preparation to assure the safety of the vehicle itself and anyone aboard the ship caring for its transport. Always follow the instructions provided to you by your international transporter. Each company has their own set of standards, although many of the requirements are similar.
Vehicle Prep for Overseas Transport.
- Wash the exterior of the car and clean out the interior before your car ships to Macedonia. You shouldn’t see any built up dirt or grime.
- Remove any loose items or things that weren’t manufactured with the car. If you chose open air services, only the floor mats, a car jack and a spare tire should be left behind.
- Make sure the car undergoes maintenance before the transport. Check all fluids and top them off with the exception of the fuel. The gas tank should read quarter tank full or less. Fill the tires with air.
- Give the vehicle your own personal inspection. Make note of any damages and take pictures of the entire vehicle. Use these notes for your own use when you go to check the car over again after its delivery.
- Collect all pertinent documents to gain the certificate of import approval from Customs. The Embassy of Macedonia and your transport professionals will tell you what you need to provide them with.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.