Bringing a Car to Europe
It is very common for dealerships, manufacturers and car owners to use the help of skilled auto transport services on a frequent basis. When you need to ship your car from the United States to Europe, you can rest assured that a licensed and experienced overseas car shipping company is your best option for a safe delivery. They will have all the latest in shipping equipment and technology to conduct the transport without worry. Their experience in dealing with foreign import policies will also come in handy as you prepare to gain Customs approval for the import.
After you schedule your vehicle’s transport to Europe with an auto transport company, start getting ready for the process. Call the embassy to learn more about their import restrictions, taxes and other relevant information regarding the import of vehicles into the nation. This knowledge is key to the success of your transport. The customer service reps and agents at your car shipping company will also have invaluable information for you too during this time. They will also help you with the preparation process, seeing that you meet all the import policy regulations and gain the certification of approval from Customs.
Common Documents to Have Ready
- License, Picture ID or Passport
- Vehicle Title and Registration
- Proof of Paid Tariffs
- Bill of Lading
- Original Purchase Invoice
- Proof of Insurance
Get Your Car Ready for Its Travels East
One of the most essential parts of the preparation process is getting the car ready for transport overseas. Making sure your car is prepared properly and according to standards, is the best way to ensure its protection under the transporter’s insurance policy as well as its safe arrival into Europe.
- Wash off the vehicle’s exterior so there are no signs of debris or dirt.
- Cleanout the inside of the car, only leaving behind floor mats, a spare tire, and a car jack.
- Make sure the fuel tank isn’t over ¼ full.
- Top off all other fluids in the vehicle and have routine maintenance done.
- Disconnect the battery and alarm system as requested when certain shipping methods are purchased.
- Document any damages, especially visible markings that the car may suffer from previous to the transport. Taking photographs is a great way to have visual proof during the final inspection.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory