Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Athens, Alabama
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Athens, Alabama Professional Auto Shipping
Athens is a small city in Alabama that has a large aerospace industry as well as several tech start-ups and other computers, technology, and telecommunications businesses throughout town. The Athens Cruise-In on the Square is the first Saturday of every month from April through November and brings hundreds of visitors and local residents to the downtown area for a classic car show. The downtown area has many historical buildings that date back to the early 20th century and there are many locally owned retail shops and sites for tourists to enjoy. Hunting, camping, and fishing are popular for local residents and the city has a sports league for children as well as adults and several public playgrounds and local parks for outdoor enjoyment.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Kansas city to Athens||$489||653 miles||3-5 days|
|Athens to Pittsburgh||$495||661 miles||3-5 days|
|Athens to Philadelphia||$651||868 miles||3-5 days|
|Athens to Denver||$753||1255 miles||4-6 days|
|Seattle to Athens||$1244||2489 miles||7-9 days|
|Honolulu to Athens||$1733||4333 miles||7-9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Athens is a quiet small town of around 23,000 residents and there are ample family friendly neighborhoods and businesses that cater to families and large groups with food, entertainment, and general family outings.
You can learn more about Athens by visiting the City of Athens website.
Learn more about shipping vehicles to Alabama by clicking here.
Shipping to Athens
When you are making your plans to have a car shipped to Athens, you should know ahead of time which type of transport you want to use to ship the vehicle. You can use the following information to help determine which type of transport suits your vehicle best:
- Open Carrier Transport: Open carrier transport is the most common type of auto shipping in the world. You have most likely seen many open carriers on the interstates traveling across the U.S. They are large, most often double-decker trucks, that can carry anywhere from one to 12 vehicles at one time. Open carriers are excellent for vehicles that are driven at least once or twice, or more often, weekly. They can carry cars, trucks, vans and sport utility vehicles and are generally the lowest cost to ship vehicles. If you have a large SUV or truck, you may need to pay a fee for having an oversized vehicle as these larger vehicles will usually take up more space on the carrier and the company will not be able to haul as many cars as they would if all vehicles were standard sized. Cars are exposed to the elements, but not more than if they were being driven.
- Enclosed Carrier Transport: Owners of highly expensive classics, exotics, luxury and sports cars usually prefer to use enclosed carrier transport when shipping their valuable investments. Enclosed carriers are secure, often climate controlled and can safely transport the most delicate of vehicles. An enclosed carrier will cost on average between 30% and 60% more than an open carrier will cost, but when you have a very expensive vehicle, the benefits of a secure shipping environment will greatly outweigh the cost of the carrier. Another benefit of shipping with enclosed transport is that you can have a guaranteed shipping date.
- Railway: Moving a car on a train may seem a little outdated to some, but in reality, shipping a car by train can be an economical way to have one relocated. The biggest consideration you will need to make when checking into train shipment is verifying the distance between Athens and the nearest railway station where you can pick the car up as well as the distance to the station to have one loaded for shipment to Athens. Trains offer both open and enclosed shipping options and you can even arrange to ship personal belongings. Shipments by train should be booked one to two months in advance to ensure room on the train.
- Air Freight: Nothing ships faster than an airplane and if you have a luxury car, rare or exotic car that has a hefty price tag, this may be the ideal way for you to have your car moved. Keep in mind that while cars can ship quickly with air freight, it is also the most expensive way to ship and is not often used for lower value vehicles.
Why Does Enclosed Auto Transport Cost More?
A question that many vehicle owners want to know when scheduling shipment for their car is, why does enclosed auto transport coast more? There are a few reasons for this and they include that enclosed carriers are expensive to build which also makes them more expensive to purchase than open carriers.
Many drivers and trucking companies want to spend less for equipment that can carry more vehicles than more for an enclosed trailer that carriers fewer cars. The more cars a driver can haul, the bigger profit for the carrier company. This means there are fewer enclosed carriers on the roadways.
With fewer enclosed carriers, it is easier for a customer to receive a guaranteed shipping and delivery date, and when a date can be guaranteed, it can often increase the rate.
Another reason enclosed auto transport can cost more is that the cars hauled inside are often very valuable, which means the insurance coverage must be a higher amount. Higher insurance rates will add extra cost to a shipment.
While enclosed auto transport can cost more than open auto transport, we guarantee that our rates here at A-1 Auto Transport are reasonable and that we can have your vehicle shipped quickly and safely with the best enclosed shipping options nationwide.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Athens Auto Transport Index
Danny Lynn Transporting Inc.
Danny Lynn Transporting Inc. ships general freight, cars, trucks, vans, SUV’s, machinery and other freight to all regions of Alabama and the south-east portion of the United States. They are registered with the US DOT and have licensing and insurance through the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
2001 Blue Spring Road, Huntsville, AL 35810
Holland Regional has been in business since 1929 and they have one of the lowest claim ratios in the industry. They ship motor vehicles throughout the central and southeastern United States and offer same day delivery in most local transportation situations. Holland Regional offers safe, door to door service via both open and enclosed transporters. All shipments are completely insured with comprehensive insurance and all drivers and staff are highly professional and have a vast knowledge of the automobile shipping industry.
41 Ipsco Street, Decatur, AL 35601
Huntsville Moving & Storage Service
Huntsville Moving & Storage is a Mayflower authorized company that can move household furnishings and personal items as well as motor vehicles. They are fully licensed, insured and bonded and offer safe and affordable relocation services.
217 Import Circle, Huntsville, AL 35806
Local Auto Repair and Towing
Jarrett’s Automotive Towing
603 N Clinton Street
Athens, Alabama 35611
Jarrett’s offers local and area wide towing services for light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles.
T&T Automotive Repair
1104 N Jefferson Street
Athens, Alabama 35611
T&T Automotive Repair provides roadside assistance for battery jumps, tire changes and locked vehicles as well as towing and emergency wrecker service. They also do minor auto repair including brake service and other repairs.
Related Information & FAQ
For more information on Athens, Alabama, be sure to visit the City of Athens website at this link: http://www.athensal.us/.
The city website offers local information for government agencies, city services, utilities and more.
Athens include ZIP codes:
35611, 35612, 35613, 35614.