Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Alakanuk, Alaska
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe And Reliable Alakanuk Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Popular folklore explains that Alakanuk started out as a village when a few people lost direction along the many waterways. It is a second-class city found in Alaska. If you have a long distance to travel when shipping cars to or from Alakanuk, come to A-1 Auto Transport for the best solutions.
Areas covered in Alakanuk
We have all parts of the city within our grasp. Our coverage extends to all parts of the state and the rest of the U.S.
Car shipping services offered in Alakanuk
Picking the right method to transport a vehicle may be a daunting task for anyone doing it for the first time. Here is a breakdown of some of the main decision points that can help you choose the best option:
- Open vs. Enclosed transport: Open-air shipping has some of the cheapest rates that you can get in domestic auto transport. It is the best option when you need to move a standard vehicle from one point to the next. Winter weather poses challenges especially when you use exposed transport. High-end luxury vehicles and exotics can suffer cosmetic damage when exposed to the elements. Enclosed shipping offers the best protection in such situations.
- Door-to-door vs. terminal shipping: If you are moving to a new place, it is more convenient to have the car brought to your residence. The door-to-door option is also a highly secure delivery option for high-end automobiles. When you need to cut down on shipping costs, terminal-to-terminal shipping offers the best solution. You will drop off and pick up the car from chosen transportation depots in the state.
- Roll-on/roll-off (RoRo) vs. containerized transport: RoRo involves loading and unloading vehicles on a shipping vessel by driving them. It is the cheapest international shipping solution. Our transport network includes large boats that can carry up to 6000 vehicles on a voyage across the sea. Containerized transport secures the cars from getting scratched or dented by other vehicles, or external sea elements. A shipping container gives room to include your household belongings when moving to another country.
- Boat vs. plane transportation: It is very expensive to ship your vehicle by plane but also extremely fast. The cost, though, might overrun the value of the car. The best time to use this option is when you have important deadlines to beat, such as a race event or an auto show. Sea transport has the lowest costs. It is also the slowest, with timelines ranging from 3-8 weeks.
We also have moving solutions and 24/7 car towing services. Click here to read more about your options when shipping cars to or from Alakanuk.
Types of cars that we ship
We have transport services for all kinds of vehicles including motorcycles, trucks, buses, SUVs, boats, farm equipment, and many others.
Getting ready for the shipping process
- Start by finding a reliable transporter. Make sure that you do a background check on the companies by going through the following steps.
- Confirm their license from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). A trucking company that works in different states should have MC and USDOT license numbers.
- Go through reliable customer reviews and ratings from trusted networks such as the Better Business Bureau.
- Ask for their insurance policy to confirm whether the cover will protect your vehicle at its full value.
- Compare at least three quotes for different transport companies.
Prepare your car or shipping by going through the following checklist.
- Remove all personal items from the trunk and other compartments in your vehicle. The transport company will not take responsibility for disallowed goods that get lost or damaged during transportation.
- Clean the vehicle and inspect it for possible cosmetic damage. Look for dents, scratches or blemishes and note them down. Take photographs of all sides if possible.
- Do not keep more than a quarter tank of gas. Too much fuel may spill out during the shipping process, which creates a safety hazard.
- Remove any loose parts so that they aren’t damaged during transportation. You should cover the accessories that will not come out. Fold-in your side-view mirrors and retract the antenna.
- Keep the car in good running shape to avoid getting penalized by the transport company.
A-1 Auto Transport is one of the biggest car shipping services in the country. We have more than 20 years of experience with networks that extend to global destinations. We will give you the most competitive rates for shipping cars to or from Alakanuk.
Get a free quote
Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free and non-obligatory quote from A-1 Auto Transport today.