- Shipping Cars To Or From Port Of Louisville
- Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
- Reasons To Ship Your Car From Port Louisville
- Ship Car To Another State
- Cost To Ship Car To Another State
- Interstate Towing
- Transport Car To Another State
- Shipping Process At Port Of Louisville
- Port Of Louisville Neighborhood Areas We Serve
- Port Of Louisville Includes Zip Codes
Shipping Cars To Or From Port Of Louisville
The Port of Louisville is an integrated port that boasts of an industrial park and Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) complex. It is part of an industrial community that plays host to numerous companies dealing in manufacturing and distribution. Located on the Ohio river, the port is easily accessible from neighboring towns such as Jeffersontown, Lyndon, Saint Matthews, Radcliff, and Fern Creek, among others. Also, it has a number of public terminals that are used by vehicle movers operating both locally and abroad.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Louisville to Indianapolis||$114||114 miles||1 - 2 days|
|Louisville to Washington, D.C.||$455||607 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Louisville to Philadelphia||$503||671 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Miami Beach to Louisville||$650||1084 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Albuquerque to Louisville||$780||1301 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Salt Lake City to Louisville||$946||1577 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Louisville to Los Angeles||$1042||2085 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Louisville to Seattle||$1164||2329 miles||6 - 8 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Reasons to ship your car from Port Louisville
Port Louisville is a well-developed facility designed with the needs of shipping companies in mind. Its central location makes it one of the most reachable ports in the US, whether by road, air or rail. Shipping cars to or from port of Louisvillehas a number of benefits for vehicle owners and auto transport companies. Some of the benefits are listed below.
- Fully developed road network with three interstate highways namely I-265, I-64, and I-65. The highways are only five minutes away from the port with one of them having four lanes leading to the port. The excellent roads make it easy for truck carriers moving vehicles to travel much faster.
- The Port of Louisville has five railroads that are used to move cargo from the various terminals. However, only three serve the port directly with the other two used to supply goods to other locations. The three railroads are CSX, Louisville, Paducah, and Norfolk Southern. The rail road is an alternative transport option for car owners that cannot access roads or waterways to transport their vehicles to Louisville.
- Proximity to Louisville International airport and connecting roads to the port makes it an ideal port for shipping companies. Shipping cars to or from Port of Louisville is done immediately after they are transported from the airport.
- Presence of a Foreign Trade Zone that gives financial incentives within the port facilities is a huge plus for shippers and their clients. Both importers, as well as exporters, of diverse cargo can enjoy the benefits offered by FTZ.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Shipping process at Port of Louisville
When working with a reputable shipping company, you can arrange for pick up to the port and drop off at the new location. The truck drivers will load your vehicle on a carrier and transport it to the port - ready for shipment. To ensure safe passage, it is important to prepare your vehicle by cleaning it thoroughly. Most US custom officers in Louisville will inspect the car for any personal items and may impound it, if unsatisfied with its overall presentation. Ensure that your registration documents are in order and have extra copies if needed. Also confirm the amount of import duties required for successful shipping.
The process of shipping cars to or from Port of Louisville is simple when working with A-1 Auto transport. We ship cars within the US and to most of the countries overseas. Call us today for a free quote.
Port of Louisville Neighborhood Areas We Serve
Our auto transport services are proud to help with your move in any of the neighborhoods you see below. And if you don't see your neighborhood listed here, don't worry because we can most likely service it.
|Intermodal Dr||Sylvania 5 Road||Rutledge Road|
|Cane Run Road||Capella Line|
Port of Louisville includes ZIP codes: