- What Are Veteran Moving Discounts?
- Discounts Available to Veteran Movers
- How to Approach a Veteran Owned Moving Company
- Advantages of Hiring a Full Service Moving Company
- Cheap Moving Rates & Time To Move Examples
- Importance of Being Organized Before the Moving Process
- Tips for Moving Veteran Belongings
- What to do with your old furniture and appliances
What Are Veteran Moving Discounts?
Living in the U.S. as a veteran, it’s easy to find an affordable moving company nearby. With the ease of finding inexpensive veteran movers, it’s important to look into the company’s credentials. Anything too inexpensive may be too good to be true unless of course, the rates are cheaper due to veterans moving discounts given by the mover. As professional relocators, the local moving company should have the proper licensing and certifications through local, state and federal agencies. Most experienced movers won’t expect payment until after the move is fulfilled while scam artists are quick to at least get some money upfront before they lend any help out.
As you search for a cheap mover that offers veteran moving discounts, don’t be afraid to ask questions while you have them on the phone for an estimate. A lot of veteran movers will list all their information on their websites, including info on the types of discounts they offer and the moving process. However, if you cannot find what you seek or if you have any questions regarding commercial moving services, rates or discounts, don’t hesitate to ask.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Discounts Available to Veteran Movers
Military veterans moving to a new home can take advantage of discounts offered by veteran moving companies. Check with your preferred veteran moving company to see if a military discount is available. You may be able to save money on your move by taking advantage of these special discounts from a veteran owned moving company.
Veterans can receive discounts on moving and storage services. Some companies offer a flat rate discount for military veterans, while others provide a percentage off the total cost of the move. In order to get the veteran moving discount, veterans typically need to show proof of service, such as a military ID card or DD-214 form. Professional movers that offer discounts to veterans include but are not limited to A1 Auto Transport, Allied Van Lines, North American Van Lines, and United Van Lines. Veterans can also check with their local chamber of commerce or search online for other veteran moving companies that may be available in their area.
How to Approach a Veteran Owned Moving Company
If you're a veteran or active military member, you may be eligible for discounts on your moving costs. Many long distance moving companies offer special rates to military members who have served our country, so be sure to ask about any veteran moving discounts that may apply to you.
Veteran movers may also offer additional services for military veterans, such as help with packing services, unpacking services, day claims guarantee, emergency moving, etc. You can directly approach the veteran movers and be sure to mention your military service when you request a quote from the veteran moving company.
Most moving companies will be happy to provide you with a moving quote to get the job done. With a little research, military veterans can find the best moving company that will help make the transition a smooth move. To make the life easier for military veterans, A1 Auto Transport provides free estimates for a stress free move to your new house.
Advantages of Hiring a Full Service Moving Company
There is a lot to benefit from when you hire a veteran moving company as you get access to veteran moving discounts. Here are some of the prominent benefits of hiring veteran movers.
- There is a lot less to worry about when professional movers are caring for the packing and unpacking of your belongings. Since you’ll have less responsibility for long distance moves, service members can use the time to focus on other facets of the relocation.
- There is less risk involved with veteran movers handling your next move no matter how small or big it may be.
- Veteran movers are trained to handle your possessions and storage safely. They’ll practice all the proper handling techniques as they pack, load and unload all the essentials.
- You won’t have to exert much if any physical energy if you choose full service moving from commercial movers like A1 Auto Transport. The long distance movers will pack, transport, load and unload all your moving boxes. If you are a disabled veteran, they will ensure they carefully handle the entire process without asking you to lift a finger on the move date.
- Licensed movers are required to carry the minimum set state insurance on all their moving and packing services.
- Up-to-date, high quality transport and moving equipment is used to pack up and relocate your belongings safely. You also get full replacement value protection if there is any issue in the moving services.
- Veteran movers provide lower rates and you can also take advantage of military discounts.
- Veteran moving companies provide exceptional customer service for your moving needs. They have the best moving resources to handle any emergency moving or long distance moving. Veteran owned and operated companies only hire military veterans, active duty, national guard, and reservists for moving process.
Cheap Moving Rates & Time To Move Examples
|To / From
|Cost (2 BR)
|Cost (3 BR)
|Cost (4 BR)
|Estimated Time In Transit
|Cheyenne, WY to Elk Grove, CA
|$3,178 – $4,027
|$4,682 – $6,290
|$6,290 – $9,134
|3 - 5 days
|Weirton, WV to Salix, PA
|$938 – $1,382
|$1,777 – $2,627
|$2,627 – $4,154
|2 - 3 days
|Greenfield, WI to Columbus, OH
|$2,454 – $3,053
|$3,588 – $4,729
|$4,729 – $6,802
|3 - 5 days
|Bristol, RI to Galax, VA
|$2,520 – $3,130
|$3,762 – $5,109
|$5,109 – $7,366
|3 - 5 days
|Atlanta, GA to Redmond, WA
|$3,906 – $4,991
|$5,642 – $6,944
|$7,378 – $8,680
|6 - 8 days
|Las Vegas, NV to Riverton, UT
|$2,419 – $3,038
|$3,589 – $4,767
|$4,767 – $6,905
|3 - 5 days
|Essex, VT to Detroit, MI
|$2,663 – $3,357
|$3,975 – $5,192
|$5,192 – $7,495
|3 - 5 days
|Warren, NJ to Farragut, TN
|$1,245 – $1,522
|$1,660 – $1,868
|$2,214 – $2,560
|3 - 5 days
|Hondo, TX to Charlotte, NC
|$3,519 – $4,371
|$5,217 – $7,016
|$7,016 – $10,113
|4 - 6 days
|Aberdeen, SD to New River, AZ
|$3,305 – $4,223
|$5,039 – $6,774
|$6,674 – $9,854
|4 - 6 days
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and other factors.
Importance of Being Organized Before the Moving Process
Moving can be a stressful experience, whether you're moving across the country or just across town. One of the best ways to to have a stress free and professional move, it is essential to hire the best movers.
First, make a list of everything you need to do before the move. This should include packing items from entire home, arranging for transportation services and storage options. Having a list before the next move will help you keep track of everything and make sure nothing gets forgotten on the moving day.
Next, start packing as early as possible. This will help you avoid having to do the job at the last minute. Furthermore, by starting early you'll have more time to pack the items in storage box carefully and avoid any damage.
Finally, be sure to label all the house and office boxes clearly. This will save you a lot of time and effort when it comes to unpacking at your new home. So take some time to get organized before your move, and you'll be glad you did!
Tips for Moving Veteran Belongings
The thought of packing all the items in your house and the job of moving them to a new town or country can be daunting, especially if you have to do it yourself. But with a little planning, it is possible to get the job done easily. Here are a few tips for veterans moving to a new location.
- Start early and take your time. Packing can be a time-consuming process, so give yourself plenty of time to get everything done. Prefer taking help of family owned and operated veteran movers to get the job done.
- Make a plan. Before you start packing, take some time to plan out how you will move your belongings. This will help you to stay organized and avoid wasting time.
- Get the right supplies to pack house items. Be sure to have all the supplies you need before you start packing, including boxes, tape, and bubble wrap. This will help to make the process go more smoothly.
- Label everything. As you pack, be sure to label all your boxes with their contents and destination room. This will save you time and hassle when it comes time to unpack.
- Ask for help from a commercial moving company. If you know anyone who has recently moved, ask them for details about the company they did business with. Having an extra set of hands can make a big difference. Also ask about the claims resolution letter from the veteran movers in case something goes wrong during the transit.
By following these tips, you can make your move smooth and reduce the total price in the process.
What to do with your old furniture and appliances
You have the option to take your old items and appliances with you or leave them behind after your relocation. If you're planning on leaving them behind, you may be wondering what to do with them.
One option is to donate them to a local thrift store or charity. This is a great way to give back to your community and helps to ensure that your old items will be put to good use. However, if you're not moving locally, it may not be possible to donate your items.
Another option is to sell them. There are a number of online platforms where you can list your items for sale, such as Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace. This is a great way to make some extra money and ensures that your old items will go to a good home.
Finally, if you're not able to sell or donate your old items, you can always dispose of them responsibly with help of veteran movers. This means taking them to a local recycling center or landfill. Whatever you do with your old furniture and appliances, make sure that you do it in a way that's safe and responsible.
Moving can be expensive, but taking help from veteran movers can help. If you are a military member or veteran, be sure to ask about veteran moving discounts when you are planning your move. Many veteran movers offer these discounts, so it is worth checking with several of them to find the best deal. Don't forget to take advantage of other benefits as well, such as free storage and assistance in setting up your new home. Moving can be stressful, but with the help of these resources, you can make the process easier and more affordable.