Transporting a Motorcycle from East Coast to West Coast
To ensure your motorcycle’s safe delivery from the east coast to the west coast, you must hire a reputable, longstanding cross country auto transport company. Search for a motorcycle shipping company that guarantees their services by providing quality insurance coverage and a variety of services. This added protection along with the durability of the shipping equipment, latest shipping technologies, and experience of the employees, will assure a safe motorcycle delivery from coast to coast.
Shipping Coast to Coast Explained
Once you have scheduled your motorcycle’s transport, you must prepare it for the shipping process. Fulfilling the preparation requirements only protects the bike and those caring for the transport even further. It is important to do what is asked of you so that the transport isn’t delayed longer than necessary.
During the motorcycle’s travels, the driver of the hauler will monitor weather and road conditions to avoid any hazards that will increase the risks associated with the transport. They will reroute, transfer the bike or wait until it’s clear to continue if they have to. If anything harms the bike while it’s in the care of the transport specialists, the insurance coverage should cover the repairs. Ask the transporter what their insurance coverage entails. You can always ask to purchase additional insurance if the full value of the motorcycle isn’t protected.
The Safest Form of Coast to Coast Transport for a Motorcycle
Although it’s more expensive to ship a motorcycle through crated transport methods, it is the most recommended for motorcycle deliveries especially when they must travel such a great distance. The motorcycle is secured to a wooden pallet and placed within a small shipping crate for its shipping process. The crate protects the bike from sudden movements and shifting as well as bad weather, road conditions and vandalism. Most transport companies will ask that you remove the bike’s handlebars, saddlebag and other accessories or protruding parts. They may also require that you drain all the fluids and disconnect the battery and alarm systems.
Related Information & FAQ
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory