Shipping a Motorcycle to Europe Is Easier with an Experienced Transport Company
A shipping company can transport your bike to Europe in a few different ways. Shipping a bike is easy, but you will need to have all the proper documentation for customs. Without the right paperwork, you will have a difficult time retrieving your bike.
Before setting up a ship date with a professional motorcycle transport company, make sure to do some research first. Learn as much as you can about overseas motorcycle transport and collect quotes from at least three companies. Whether you are selling a motorcycle or want to go to a bike rally in another country, a professional motorcycle shipping company can help you with your shipping needs.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Preparing Your Bike for Transport.
- Wash the bike of dirt and deposits.
- Remove loose hanging objects.
- Disable the alarm system.
- Check fluids, battery and tire pressure.
- Gas reading should be no higher than ¼ of a tank.
- Inspect the bike and document its condition.
How much Does Shipping a Bike Cost?
The cost of transport is different for everyone. The make and model, distance and method of transport all play a role in how much the end total will be. Reputable companies will offer all sorts of different deals, but you will have to find a company with the best deals available. If you are a first time shipper, there could be a deal for that as well.
Different Types of Shipping.
- Enclosed Transport – This is known for being the most expensive form of transport, but it provides the most protection against driving conditions and weather. It involves your bike being loaded onto a trailer, secured and locked up for the duration of the trip.
- Open Air Transport – This method is the most common way to ship a bike and the least expensive shipping solution on the market. After an inspection, your bike will be loaded onto an open carrier and secured. If you don’t mind your bike being exposed to driving conditions and weather, this method will be suitable for you.