When you are planning to move to Queretaro or at least stay there for a while, have your vehicle shipped over. This will allow you to travel freely without having to worry about language and currency barriers.
Known as the safest city Mexico, Queretaro has beautiful landscapes and architecture. It is also quickly rising as a strong business and economic center. It is also home of the Aqueduct of Santiago de Queretaro, which is definitely a sight to see. The Museum of Art is also a place that many come to see. It is full of historical art and detailed architecture.
The Requirements of Vehicle Shipment.
The requirements of vehicle shipment into Mexico are rather undemanding and quite easy to fulfill. While you will find the requirements and documentation needed below, they are subject to change at any time. Contacting the Embassy of Mexico will help. They will give you all of the up to date policies for vehicle shipment.
- The vehicle's value cannot exceed $12,000.
- The vehicle cannot be any younger than 5 years of age.
- Mexico only allows vehicle shipment for vehicles that hold under 10 passengers.
- It must have a gasoline engine and a catalytic converter.
- The vehicle must have been purchased in Canada or the U.S.
- Sports cars, luxury vehicles and convertibles are not allowed to be shipped into Mexico.
- Vehicle registration- plus two copies of the title along with the original.
- Residency card, passport, registered voter's license, license, picture ID and visa- any two copies of ID will be needed.
- Pedimento- can be obtained through Mexican Customs.
Vehicle Shipment Methods Available.
There are a few methods of vehicle shipment available for selection. These methods consist of RO/RO shipping, container shipping or air shipping. They all vary, so you will need to select the best method for your circumstances.
- Air shipping seems like a good way to ship a vehicle, but it is extremely expensive. Many people can't afford this type of shipment but it is an option.
- RO/RO shipping is a method of shipment that requires the vehicle to be empty with a few exceptions. Floor mats, a car jack and a spare tire are acceptable. This form of shipping is the cheapest.
- Container shipping allows a person to fill their vehicle with belongings. The remaining space in the container can also be filled. The container can even be split with another person to help lower the cost of shipment.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.