Ship Car To Morelia
As the capital of the state Michoacan, the city of Morelia is home to nearly 800,000 people. It is located in Central Mexico and of great historical importance. It is also the home of the Cathedral of Morelia. The smaller city is a wonderful place to reside.
Whether you are going to the city to reside, or planning on staying there a while, travel is easier when you have your own vehicle. Instead of purchasing a whole new vehicle or battling with public transportation, consider having your personal vehicle shipped over. Vehicle shipment to Mexico from the U.S. is actually quite simple and very possible if the requirements are fulfilled.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Ports of Mexico.
Mexico has over 40 seaports. All of these seaports make it possible to have a vehicle shipped over. Fortunately, the seaports make it easy to find one close to wherever you are located in Mexico. As for being located in Morelia, there is a seaport in the same state, the Port of Lazaro Cardenas.
Make sure that if you choose the roll on, roll off method of shipping, also referred to as RO/RO, that the port accepts it. Not all ports accept this method of vehicle shipment. You must also make sure that you can be present on the day that the vehicle is due for arrival. Ports will not hold a vehicle for the owner.
What Are the Requirements for Vehicle Shipment?
The Mexican policies for vehicle shipment are quite easy to comply with. Nonetheless, all of them must be addressed or vehicle shipment will not be possible. Contact the Embassy of Mexico for all of the current policies. Although they are found posted below, they can change at any given time.
The Requirements That Need to be Fulfilled.
- The vehicle must be below a 10 passenger vehicle.
- The value of the automobile must not exceed $12,000.
- There must be a catalytic converter in the car.
- It has to have a gasoline engine.
- The vehicle must have been purchased in Canada or the U.S.
- Luxury vehicles, sports cars and convertibles are not permitted.
- The vehicle must be older than 5 years of age.
The Documentation That Will Be Needed.
- Two of the following will be needed: License, Passport, Picture ID, Registered Voter’s License, Visa, or Proof of Residency.
- Original vehicle title and two copies.
- A Shippers Export Declaration (SED)- obtain from U.S. Customs.
- Pedimento- obtain from Mexican Customs.