Afghanistan’s 3rd largest city, Herat is densely populated and is the capital of Herat province. It’s located in the valley of the River Hari. If you are planning to move here, it is important to know that due to the political turmoil, the import process can take a long time.
However, it is imperative that you have your own vehicle when you move here as Afghanistan is known for having a particularly unreliable public transport. It’s a landlocked country and you might prefer to have your personal vehicle imported. This is going to help you get through the language barrier and you can easily travel at well. You will need to have A1 Auto Transport by your side as the procedure is complex and requires local language in the official departments.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Specifications regarding the import.
There are limitations which relate to importing vehicles. This is due to the fact that the Government allows only diplomats as well as foreigners with resident visas or working permits to import cars. The Afghanistan Custom Department levies 25% of the total value of the car as an import tax. Diplomats are the only ones who are exempt from these taxes.
Prior to beginning the import process, you might want to find a reliable shipping service to help you with the process and get it done without additional hassle. This is where the A1 Auto Transport Service steps into the picture. We are going to help you with all the steps, including the submission of the necessary documents to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency such as:
- Driver’s License.
- Proof of ownership.
- Lading Bill.
- Shipping Documentation.
- Registration of the vehicle.
- Title deed.
- Insurance policy.
Eligibility for exemption.
Diplomats are the only ones that are exempt from paying taxes and duties. However, in order to be able to take advantage of it, they need to present the following documents:
- Letter from the Embassy.
- Diplomat’s passport as well as copies.
- Exemption form for taxes.
- Request letter for the Customs Clearance issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Finance,
The truth is that there are a lot of delays due to instability as well as political turmoil. What is more, the regulations change and even the diplomatic procedures might easily take well over a week. This is why you need to work with us – we are going to quickly arrange the procedures. You can contact the Afghan Consulate in USA to get the latest updates on the procedures.
When it comes to shipping options, you need to account for the fact that this is a landlocked country and thus you have to ship to Iran or Pakistan and get the car driven to Afghanistan using multi vehicle carriers. The most common shipping methods, however, include:
- Container shipping: This is particularly convenient if you need to ship an expensive vehicle and a lot of household goods or personal belongings. You get to choose between a 20ft and a 40ft container based on your preferences. The car is going to be firmly protected from the elements. This is the most expensive water-bound form of shipping.
- RORO (Roll On/Roll Off): This particular method would require you to drive the vehicle onto a shipping deck which is on the freight carrier. You have to get rid of all external accessories and you can’t ship anything but the car – no personal belongings. This is why it’s cheaper and quicker than container shipping.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?