Importing a Car into France from the USA
Without the help from qualified, licensed international auto transporters, it is nearly impossible to deliver a car into France. What most don’t understand is that international auto transport services are actually cost effective. It’s the country’s tariffs and fees that tend to add up. As a customer, you can ship a car to France for a reasonable cost.
The taxes associated with vehicle import into France include a 5-10% tariff for cars or 22% for trucks. You must also pay a VAT of 20%, and a special tax that is based off of the vehicle’s CO2 emissions. If the vehicle passes the environmental inspection, the special tax may be reduced.
The Process of Transporting a Car to France from the US
The very first step to preparing for an overseas transport is to call the Embassy of France. The embassy will update you on the latest regulations for car imports. Not only must the vehicle type match the description according to the import policy for automobiles, but proof will need to be presented to Customs that the vehicle is in compliance with their laws. The staff at the transport company will help you gather all necessary proof.
- Passport and license
- Insurance certificate
- Proof of paid taxes
- Proof of passed inspections
- Proof of residency
A reliable shipping company with overseas experience will make a transport much easier on you and all those involved. Not to mention, you’ll spend much less time, energy and money when you hire a licensed auto transporter for the job. Make sure you schedule your car’s overseas delivery months in advance so you have plenty of time to prepare.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory