It is nearly impossible to ship a vehicle of any kind to another country without help from those with all of the qualifications and equipment. Luckily, international auto transport services are very cost effective.
It’s the countries tariffs and fees that usually end up costing a pretty penny. Overall, you can ship a car to France for a reasonable cost.
The taxes associated with vehicle import include a 5-10% tariff for cars or 22% for trucks. You must also pay a VAT of 20%, and a special tax that is based on the vehicle’s CO2 emissions. If the vehicle passes the environmental inspection, the special tax may be reduced.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
How the Process of International Auto Shipping Works.
The first thing that should be done is the act of calling the Embassy of France. The embassy will update you on the current auto import policy. Not only must the vehicle type match the description according to the import policy for automobiles, but proof will need to be presented to Customs that the vehicle is in compliance with their laws. The staff at the transport company will help you gather all necessary proof.
- Passport and license.
- Insurance certificate.
- Proof of paid taxes.
- Proof of passed inspections.
- Proof of residency.
As you can see, the process of shipping a car to France is made much easier with professional transport services. This is one reason they are known for their cost efficiency. The advantages and money saved by having a private car imported are tremendous.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory