How to Get a Certificate of Conformity for France
A Certificate of Conformity or COC is the affirmation of the conformity is to ensure the free and lawful movement of the vehicle and any goods within a European country. A COC is obtainable for passenger vehicles, motorcycles and other smaller sized vehicles. To obtain a COC, you will first need acceptance from the European Commission (EC). You will also need to have your vehicle’s registration and other pertinent documents. Once you have everything prepared, you must register your vehicle and pay all associated fees.
Then, you will be able to get the COC you need to proceed lawfully.
Gaining Customs Approval for Vehicle Import
Aside from earning a COC and gaining EC acceptance, you’ll need other documentation and approvals. Customs officials will need to see documentation proving that you are the owner of the vehicle. Without these documents, you will have a very difficult time getting customs to release the right to ship your car into France.
Collect the necessary paperwork in advance and have it neatly ready to go in a folder or binder. Your transport company professionals should guide you through the process of complying with France’s laws on vehicle import. You can also call the Embassy of France to find out what current laws are in place as well as the percentage of taxes that must be paid.
- Bill of Lading
- Driver’s license
- Proof of Insurance
- Original Bill of Sale
- Residence Permit
Contact A1 Auto Transport for Overseas Shipping Services
To avoid any hindrances and to quickly get your car shipped to France, contact A1 Auto Transport. We are a US based car shipping company with local, long distance and international transport experience. We specialize in the shipping process of all vehicle types. Are employees are also highly trained to handle international car imports and will have great knowledge of foreign import policies. They’ll also help you decide which shipping method is best as well as what services may be necessary according to your concerns and budget. Call today and will provide you with a FREE estimate!
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory