Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Port of St. Petersburg, Florida
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Shipping Cars To or From Port of St. Petersburg, Florida
Florida offers a vast coastline that borders the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean. Over the centuries, its ports have acted as a point of entry and foreign exchange zones for the US. Car shipping firms including A-1 Auto Transport Inc. use the ports along the shores of Florida to offer international car shipping services. Among these ports is the Port of St. Petersburg, Florida or as it is known in short; Port St. Pete.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Orlando to Port of St. Petersburg||108$||108 miles||1-2 days|
|Port of St. Petersburg to Jacksonville||223$||223 miles||2-4 days|
|Port of St. Petersburg to Washington D.C.||694$||925 miles||3-5 days|
|Port of St. Petersburg to Cleveland||669$||1115 miles||4-6 days|
|Dallas to Port of St. Petersburg||678$||1130 miles||4-6 days|
|Boston to Port of St. Petersburg||823$||1372 miles||4-6 days|
|Port of St. Petersburg to Phoenix||1089$||2178 miles||6-8 days|
|Sacramento to Port of St. Petersburg||1174$||2934 miles||7-9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Port of St. Petersburg, Florida
The port is located in the fourth largest city in the State of Florida from which it also gets its name; Port St. Petersburg. It is located on the shores of Tampa Bay, just on the shores of the Gulf of Mexico. The port was historically started as a cruise passenger port that facilitated passenger cruising between Florida, Cuba, Mexico, and also the states of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama. It is run and managed by the City of St. Petersburg, which over the years has through congressional approval expanded the port to greater cargo-handling capacity. It is today among the busiest ports in Florida, handling cargo from vessels operating around the Gulf of Mexico. We, through the port’s management group, offer the services of shipping cars to or from Port of St. Petersburg, Florida
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Port of St. Petersburg, Florida, is equipped to handle car imports and exports in great numbers. It lies on a total acreage of 4 acres and contains about 1300 feet of bulkhead wharfage. Of the 1300 feet, 70% of it is used exclusively for cargo handling. The port renovations have seen the port handling all types of cargo. This includes:
- Containerized cargo: The Port of St. Petersburg, Florida, is equipped with pedestal cranes, mobile cranes, floating cranes, as well as container-loading facilities that promote shipping cars to or from Port of St. Petersburg, Florida using intermodal containers. This enclosed mode of transportation offers extra protection to your vehicles as the heavy metal frame blocks external elements such as water, wind, sand, and debris. However, this mode of shipping is slightly expensive in comparison to open air transportation methods like Ro-Ro.
- Ro-Ro cargo: The port of St. Petersburg, Florida, is equipped with roll-on/roll-off technology that facilitates Ro-Ro modes of transporting vehicles. In this mode, the vehicles are simply driven onto (rolled-on) the cargo vessel, and upon destination, the cars are driven-off (rolled-off) to the harbor. This mode of transportation is cheaper because the absence of the containers translates to more space. As a result, many cars are shipped together thus creating a cost-pooling opportunity. For this reason, we are able to offer affordable services of shipping cars to or from port of St. Petersburg, Florida through this open air Ro-Ro method.
We serve all states!
We offer car shipping services through the Port of St. Petersburg, Florida to all states neighboring the State of Florida. If you come from Alabama, Georgia, and other nearby states, we are happy to serve you. Contact us today for the best car shipping services in town.