- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Puerto Rico
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Professional Puerto Rican Auto Transport Services
- Required Documents For Moving A Car To Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico Auto Shipping Resources
- Other Services
- Related Information & Faqs
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The cost of shipping a vehicle to Puerto Rico from the U.S. usually costs from $1,700 to $3,500.
- As you might expect, standard sized cars that fit into a shipping container can be transported more affordable than those that do not.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Puerto Rico
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Ponce||$275||$3,700||5+8|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to San Juan||$350||$3,300||5+17|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Porto Nuevo||$450||$3,300||5+17|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Porto Nuevo||$475||$3,300||6+17|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to San Juan||$550||$3,300||6+17|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to San Juan||$550||$3,700||5+8|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Porto Nuevo||$575||$3,700||6+8|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Ponce||$700||$3,700||6+8|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to San Juan||$775||$3,300||7+17|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Ponce||$1,075||$3,700||7+8|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Moving a car from mainland U.S. to Puerto Rico is not without its logistical challenges, and we should know--we’ve been delivering cars to the Caribbean for more than 25 years. That doesn’t mean moving a car to Puerto Rico has to be complicated, difficult or even expensive. Regardless of the timeframe for delivery, or type of vehicle, we have an expert, affordable and convenient auto moving options available for anyone that needs a vehicle shipped.
Since Puerto Rico is an island--or more correctly, a collection of small islands--transporting a vehicle requires shipping by ocean liner or air freight. Transport by boat is far more common since it allows for several vehicles to be moved at once (more affordable!), whereas air freight is typically reserved for luxury, rare, antique or high-value vehicles.
Unless you have easy access to a shipping port in the U.S., you will likely need a two part auto move: from inland to a port and from U.S. port to Puerto Rico, both of which we provide. Not only do we ship cars from the U.S. to Puerto Rico, but we also move cars to and from every state so it’s no problem getting your car from its current location to the closest available port and on to Puerto Rico!
Popular Shipping Destinations:
Call us today at 1-800-518-8708 with any questions about the process, from pickup to documentation, taxes & delivery! For an instant price quote on car shipping a car to Puerto Rico fill out the easy online form at the top of the page!
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Professional Puerto Rican Auto Transport Services.
Transporting a vehicle to Puerto Rico requires the services of trained experts this is true whether you are a dealer rental agency, collector or private owner. Auto imports and exports to and from Puerto Rico are subject to a number of limitations and legislation that are not present when transferring a vehicle within the United States.
For example, any cargo being moved from the U.S. to Puerto Rico must travel by equipment and facilities that are U.S. built, crewed and owned. Duties do not apply since Puerto Rico is an unincorporated part of the U.S., but there are taxes levied on auto imports (see the link below to calculate taxes).
Required Documents For Moving A Car To Puerto Rico.
- Title - You will need a copy of the title, front and back, in order to ship a car from mainland U.S. to Puerto Rico. If the vehicle is being leased, a notarized letter from the lien holder (financial institution) is required.
- Driver’s License - A copy of a valid driver’s license for the owner of the vehicle must be submitted prior to export. If the car is being delivered on the owner’s behalf by someone else, a notarized letter (in addition to the copy of the driver’s license) must be included that authorizes transport.
- Vehicle Value - The import tax is based on the value of the car, which is why an accurate appraisal is important before having an auto moved to Puerto Rico.
- Bill of lading.
- Purchase invoice.
- EPA form.
- Vehicle conformity proof.
To learn more about shipping a car to Puerto Rico call us today at 1-800-518-8708 or get a free auto moving quote using our online form at the top of the page!
Puerto Rico Auto Shipping Resources.
Ports in Puerto Rico - Listings and information about the major ports used for shipping goods and cargo in Puerto Rico, as well as information about each one.
Vehicle Import Taxes - Find out how much the excise tax is for bringing a particular vehicle to Puerto Rico from the United States.
San Juan Travel Guide - A guide to visiting and traveling in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Everything you need to know about the different neighborhoods, weather and how to get around.
Related Information & FAQs.
- Is it easy to ship a car to Puerto Rico from Florida?
- What is the cost of shipping a car to Puerto Rico using the container method?
- The process of shipping your car to Puerto Rico through a professional transport company
- What are the rates for shipping services to transport a car to Puerto Rico?
- What taxes will I have to pay to Puerto Rico before I ship a car there?
- What to look for in dependable boat shipping to Puerto Rico