Shipping A Car To Puerto Rico.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The cost of shipping a vehicle to Puerto Rico from the U.S. usually costs from $1,700 to $3,500.
- As you might expect, standard sized cars that fit into a shipping container can be transported more affordable than those that do not.
Moving a car from mainland U.S. to Puerto Rico is not without its logistical challenges, and we should know–we’ve been delivering cars to the Caribbean for more than 25 years. That doesn’t mean moving a car to Puerto Rico has to be complicated, difficult or even expensive. Regardless of the timeframe for delivery, or type of vehicle, we have an expert, affordable and convenient auto moving options available for anyone that needs a vehicle shipped.
Since Puerto Rico is an island–or more correctly, a collection of small islands–transporting a vehicle requires shipping by ocean liner or air freight. Transport by boat is far more common since it allows for several vehicles to be moved at once (more affordable!), whereas air freight is typically reserved for luxury, rare, antique or high-value vehicles.
Unless you have easy access to a shipping port in the U.S., you will likely need a two part auto move: from inland to a port and from U.S. port to Puerto Rico, both of which we provide. Not only do we ship cars from the U.S. to Puerto Rico, but we also move cars to and from every state so it’s no problem getting your car from its current location to the closest available port and on to Puerto Rico!
Popular Shipping Destinations:
Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 with any questions about the process, from pickup to documentation, taxes & delivery! For an instant price quote on car shipping a car to Puerto Rico fill out the easy online form at the top of the page!
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Professional Puerto Rican Auto Transport Services.
Whether you’re an auto dealer, rental agency, collector or just a private owner, it’s important to deal only with qualified auto transport professionals when having a car moved to Puerto Rico. Though the process is not entirely different from transporting a vehicle within the U.S., there are restrictions and laws that apply to auto imports and exports, to and from Puerto Rico.
For example, any cargo being moved from the U.S. to Puerto Rico must travel by equipment and facilities that are U.S. built, crewed and owned. Duties do not apply since Puerto Rico is an unincorporated part of the U.S., but there are taxes levied on auto imports (see the link below to calculate taxes).
Required Documents For Moving A Car To Puerto Rico.
- Title – You will need a copy of the title, front and back, in order to ship a car from mainland U.S. to Puerto Rico. If the vehicle is being leased, a notarized letter from the lien holder (financial institution) is required.
- Driver’s License – A copy of a valid driver’s license for the owner of the vehicle must be submitted prior to export. If the car is being delivered on the owner’s behalf by someone else, a notarized letter (in addition to the copy of the driver’s license) must be included that authorizes transport.
- Vehicle Value – The import tax is based on the value of the car, which is why an accurate appraisal is important before having an auto moved to Puerto Rico.
- Bill of lading.
- Purchase invoice.
- EPA form.
- Vehicle conformity proof.
- Registration .
To learn more about shipping a car to Puerto Rico call us today at 1-800-452-2880 or get a free auto moving quote using our online form at the top of the page!
Puerto Rico Auto Shipping Resources.
Ports in Puerto Rico – Listings and information about the major ports used for shipping goods and cargo in Puerto Rico, as well as information about each one.
Vehicle Import Taxes – Find out how much the excise tax is for bringing a particular vehicle to Puerto Rico from the United States.
San Juan Travel Guide – A guide to visiting and traveling in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Everything you need to know about the different neighborhoods, weather and how to get around.
Related Information & FAQs.
- Is it easy to ship a car to Puerto Rico from Florida?
- What is the cost of shipping a car to Puerto Rico using the container method?
- The process of shipping your car to Puerto Rico through a professional transport company
- What are the rates for shipping services to transport a car to Puerto Rico?
- What taxes will I have to pay to Puerto Rico before I ship a car there?
- What to look for in dependable boat shipping to Puerto Rico
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?