A-1 Auto Transport Green Initiative
Green transportation has become a prime factor for many who are in search of a quality auto transport company. With the ever rising cost of fuel, as well as the impact that emissions have on the environment, A-1 Auto Transport has taken the initiative to become a green company for our customers and for the world we live in.
Did you know that on average, semi-trucks, or heavy-duty trucks, account for more than half of the total global emissions?
This makes it important for companies to do what they can to reduce the emissions and help cut down on pollution in the world.
Here are some of the steps we have taken in order to prevent the unnecessary use or pollution of our world’s natural resources:
- We utilize all available technology to create a virtual paper trail, saving the use of thousands of pieces of paper by way of email and internet correspondence.
- We keep our office break room supplied with reusable cookware and utensils.
- We provide multiple recycling receptacles throughout our building to ensure that recyclable materials are not going to waste.
- Our company recently started an in house composting program to make sure that all scraps and compostable remnants are put to good use.
- Our cleaning supplies are all green products which are guaranteed to have never been tested on animals.
- Our office was recently updated with low-flow toilets that maximize the efficiency of the flushing process in order to conserve water.
- Our employees have all been provided with personal aluminum water bottles and have also been given access to our multiple tupperware containers in order to discourage the consumption of one-time-use plastics such as bottled water and to-go containers.
- All unnecessary power is shut off when our office is not in use.
In our business practices outside of the office, we are also doing all within our power to promote the responsible use of energy and natural resources.
Our trucks are fuel efficient which helps cut down on the annual cost of fuel as well as the amount of emissions leaked into the atmosphere. Through our partnership with SmartWay Transport, we are helping to advocate the importance of environmental awareness to our partners and clients.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org