Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Meriden, Connecticut
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe & Reliable Meriden Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Considering shipping a car in Meriden or New Haven County? This guide covers everything you need to know, from preparing you vehicle for shipping to what questions to ask when choosing a company. At the bottom of this page you’ll find a local directory of experienced auto carriers in the area. Call us at the number at the top of the page if you have any questions–we’re happy to help and we offer free, no obligation cost estimates to all readers!
Learn more about moving a vehicle to Connecticut.</em
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Meriden to Washington, D.C.||$326||326 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Meriden to Detroit||$525||701 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Chicago to Meriden||$656||875 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Nashville to Meriden||$742||990 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Meriden to Miami Beach||$832||1387 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Meriden to Cheyenne||$1092||1820 miles||5 – 7 days|
|Meriden to Seattle||$1178||2947 miles||7 – 9 days|
|San Jose to Meriden||$1208||3020 miles||7 – 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Using Meriden, CT Auto Transport Services
Preparing Your Car To Be Shipped – One of the benefits of hiring an auto shipper to move your car is that it frees you from the stress and time constraints of doing it yourself. There are, however, a few easy steps that you’ll need to take in preparation your car to be shipped. These are the basic steps to take, though they may differ slightly from one company to another:
- Clean the car inside & out to make inspection easier (the shipper will document any damages before transport)
- Remove personal items from the vehicle
- Remove any nonpermanent accessories or modifications
- Disable any alarms or antitheft devices
- Remove any electronic devices (GPS, toll passes, etc.)
- Don’t fill up–auto shippers require no more than 1/4 tank of gas in the car before shipping
- Report any special care requirements to the shipper
Click here to visit our information center and learn about the steps involved in preparing a motorcycle to be shipped.
3 Important Questions – If you’ve never shipped a car before, you probably have a lot of questions about how it works and what to expect. An experienced company should be able to address any of your questions, including these three that will save you some time and help you cut to the chase:
- Do they ship your type of vehicle? If you need a boat or RV moved and a company only ships cars and light trucks, that obviously won’t work for you. The first thing you should find out is if they move the type of vehicle you need to be shipped.
- Do they ship where your car needs to go? Not all auto transporters offer nationwide shipping; some only operate within a certain region, state, or county. The same is true of international and overseas transport.
- What type of carriers do they use? Many companies offer both open and enclosed carriers, but if you have a preference, make sure it’s an option they offer!
Fleet Transfers & Dealership Delivery – For larger auto shipping jobs such as fleet transfers and delivery to car dealerships, it’s advisable to only deal with established and experienced auto transporters that have a proven track record of reliability. Because fleet transfers usually involve longer distances, it’s also a good idea to search for a nationwide car shipper, not only because they’ll be more experienced with the cross country driving aspect, but also because they’ll have more storage facilities and office locations. This makes it easier to get in touch with a representative of the company if anything needs to be communicated.
Visit the official website for the City of Meriden to find out what other services are offered by local businesses.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Meriden, Connecticut Auto Transport Directory
Auto Transport LTD
In the car shipping business since 1978, Auto Transport LTD is a family owned company. They specialize in moving cars between the Northeast and Southeast.
21 Gramar Avenue, Prospect, CT 06712
Universal Auto Transport
Universal Auto Transport moves just about any type of vehicle, including cars, boats, trucks, SUVs, RVs, and heavy equipment. They ship to locations throughout the United States and internationally from Meriden.
2911 Dixwell Avenue #106, Hamden, CT 06518
Auto & Boat Relocation Service LLC
Auto & Boat Relocation Services has been in business for more than 10 years and they specialize in moving power boats and sailboats of any size. They ship to any city in the U.S. and deliver either to a marina or directly to your door.
250 Commerce Cir, New Britain, CT 06051
Services And Information
Meriden includes ZIP codes: