- Safe And Reliable Idaho Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
- Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
- Car Shipping Companies Near Me
- Tips For Handling Idaho Car Transport Companies
- Long Distance Auto Transport To/From Idaho
- International Auto Transport From/To Idaho
- Cheap Car Transportation Options In Idaho
- Shipping Luxury And Classic Cars In Idaho
- Special Discounts For Auto Transport Idaho
- Auto Transport Safety Measures In Idaho
- Services And Information
- How To Request A Price Estimate To Ship A Car
- Idaho Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Car Registration In Idaho
- Vehicle Registration For New Idaho Residents
- Idaho Car Registration Requirements
- Private Party-Purchased Vehicles
- How To Transfer The Registration Of A Vehicle In The State Of Idaho?
- Registration Of Vehicles From Outside Of Idaho Or From The Military
- Fees Of Vehicle Registration In Idaho
- Inspections Of Idaho Vehicles
- Other Idaho Resources
Safe And Reliable Idaho Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Idaho is perhaps best known for its famous potatoes; however, the vast expanses of countryside and the friendliness of the people that live here make it a powerful draw for those trying to get away to steal some time for rest and relaxation. Long drives on winding scenic roads make for a fabulous get-away; however, you are going to need your own vehicle to do it, necessitating the need for Idaho auto transport.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Boise to Portland||$430||430 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Seattle to Boise||$378||504 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Boise to San Francisco||$480||640 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Phoenix to Idaho||$695||926 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Idaho to Texas||$863||1439 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Illinois to Idaho||$971||1618 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Indianapolis to Idaho||$1091||1819 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Idaho to Detroit||$1165||1942 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Boise to Pennsylvania||$1146||2291 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Massachusetts to Idaho||$1052||2630 miles||7 - 9 days|
*Prices and times for Idaho auto transport are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Car Shipping Companies Near Me
Looking for auto transport companies near you in Idaho? If your vehicle is headed somewhere closer to home or maybe across the country, our team is standing by waiting to help you plan the Idaho auto transport journey. Car transportation can be a tricky game, and you might not know who you can trust with your investment. Work with Idaho car shipping experts who have top ratings and care for your car as much as you do.
Tips For Handling Idaho Car Transport Companies
When you are looking to book Idaho car shipping service, keep a few key tips in mind.
- Make sure the Idaho car shipping company has an office/depot in your area of the state: Since Idaho doesn't have the large metropolises of some other states, when you choose an Idaho car shipping company, make sure there is an office or depot nearby the area where you plan to pick-up or drop off your car transport.
- Prep your car if it is traveling a long distance: If you plan to ship a car over a fairly long distance, then make sure all fluids have been stocked up, there is at least enough gas to get you where you need to go upon picking up the car and check your tires for good air pressure. The last thing you want to do is get stuck in the middle of nowhere.
- Choose an Idaho auto transport company that offers your chosen method of car transport: If you've got a custom or classic vehicle, for example, then you need a car shipping company that offers some kind of enclosed transport to preserve the look of your vehicle during transport.
Idaho, in all of its mountainous, land-locked glory, has plenty to see for those that want an escape from the big city and a return to something more simple and natural. You can see the beauty of Snake and Columbia rivers. Seeing this state by car is one of the best ways to appreciate its beauty.
Visit the Idaho Department of Transportation website for more information on Idaho car shipping.
Long Distance Auto Transport to/from Idaho
A1 Auto Transport ships cars throughout the US and to other countries as well. For instant car shipping, call us directly. Let our staff know where you’re taking the car and from where, as well as your budget and any special Idaho auto shipping requirements.
There are several options to choose from auto transporters, each with its pros and cons. For example, using an open carrier will reduce Idaho auto shipping costs, but delay the car transport. While enclosed carriers are preferred for their speed and increased safety, unless it’s for an emergency or to transport an expensive vehicle, they’re rarely used due to the higher price. Consult with our staff regarding these auto shipping options and choose whichever fits your situation best.
International Auto Transport from/to Idaho
Shipping your car to another country can be a nightmare if you do it yourself. Not only is it extremely costly to pay for the Idaho car shipping as well as for your own as the truck driver, but there’re many setbacks and problems you’ll face along the way.
You may forget a document and be unable to get past customs or realize your car is not street legal in your country of choice. Fortunately, you can avoid these problems by hiring a good company for auto shipping.
A1 Auto Transport transports cars on our continent and on others on a monthly basis. Because we’ve faced and conquered every obstacle in the auto transport industry, we can promise you a safe and timely delivery at your residential or business location.
Cheap Car Transportation Options in Idaho
There are several factors which influence the cost of Idaho auto transport, such as your vehicle's size, the distance, the car transport carrier you use, your transportation option, etc. Some of them, like weight and distance, you cannot control, while others can be selected to reduce Idaho car shipping costs.
For example, most of our clients choose open carriers for this very reason. Idaho car transport is much cheaper with open auto carriers than with an enclosed truck. To reduce auto shipping costs further, it may be better to ship a car on the lower row of the carrier. Some customers are afraid oil and other liquids may fall on their vehicles from the cars above. Because of this, the price of top row open carrier transportation is generally higher.
Another Idaho car transport option you have is terminal based transportation vs. door to door. Although more convenient, having the carrier come to your residential or business location to pick up or deliver the car is more expensive. The economic way is to ship a car from a terminal and to pick it up from one as well.
However, the most important factor determining the Idaho car shipping price you’ll pay is definitely the auto transport company you choose. In general, larger companies like A1 Auto Transport lower the price of their car shipping service over time thanks to reducing their operations costs by perfecting their system and building a large fleet of available carriers. Smaller companies incur more costs for each operation, so they tend to charge more to transport car.
Still, you should be wary if the price to transport car is too low. There are ghost companies out there looking to scam car owners. If you sense anything suspicious, move on to different car shipping services.
Shipping Luxury and Classic Cars in Idaho
If you’re shipping a luxury car to Idaho, one option is to do it with enclosed auto carriers. An open trailer can move multiple vehicles at a reduced cost, but an enclosed carrier provides additional security to exotic and vintage automobiles. Since the vehicles are covered and carried individually or in pairs, there’s a lower risk of weather exposure or damage due to bumps or scratches.
Your antique or luxury cars will arrive sooner if you ship a car in enclosed carriers, as drivers are not required to take detours to unload other cars. It also conceals the cargo’s value and reduces the likelihood of theft. Despite the higher auto shipping cost, an enclosed auto carrier offers extra protection when shipping luxury vehicles to Idaho or across states.
Special Discounts for Auto Transport Idaho
Because certain times of the year are busier than others, you can benefit from our seasonal car shipping discounts if you ship a car in a less busy month. You can also cut down costs to ship your car if you’re military personnel, a student, or a senior. We’ve prepared discounts for each of these classes to ship your car easily. Get your instant quote to transport your vehicle today.
Auto Transport Safety Measures in Idaho
Safety is a vital aspect of each auto transport operation. On open trucks, vehicles are protected by several beams, while enclosed carriers cover the truck completely. This way, neither the weather nor anything else can reach it.
In both cases, cars are strapped carefully, so they don’t move around on the road. As the customer, you benefit from a certain level of insurance during the transport, and you can arrange for more if you wish. However, because the car cannot move and is not running, unless a road accident happens, there’s almost nothing that can damage it.
Services And Information
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to Request a Price Estimate to Ship a Car
Requesting a price estimate to ship a car is as easy as completing a few fields in our online form. You can find it at the top of the page, with the booking process and shipping instructions being pretty simple. Make sure you put in accurate information, so that you get accurate instant quote for shipping your vehicle.
We’ve also made our transport company phone number available on each page for anyone who’d like to discuss things directly to get their car shipped. Talking to you may allow us to customize your transport, making it more efficient and cheaper for shipping a car. Get a free quote today to transport car anywhere in the gem state.
Idaho Auto Transport Companies Directory
Coast to Coast Auto Transport
This Idaho car shipping company provides transport services around the West Coast for those that need to get a vehicle moved for affordable prices and in a hurry. It provides auto transport services for all major cities like cities Twin falls, Boise Id, Idaho falls, Columbia rivers, Post falls, Coeur d'alene, and more.
2440 North Locust Grove Road, Kuna, ID 83634
All My Sons Moving & Storage
From shipping a car, van, SUV, trucks, motorcycle, boats to moving your stuff, this Boise Idaho-based logistics company has got you covered and with a record of excellent customer service as well. BBB accredited business, check their online transport reviews from past customers.
3987 West Chinden Blvd, Garden City, ID 83714
D&J Auto Transport
This Idaho car shipping company can move just about vehicle type to anywhere in the United States nationwide to wherever your destination is, and also delivering local moving haul needs as well. Offers door to door delivery, enclosed and open-air auto transport carriers. One of the best in the car shipping industry. Visit their website, call or email them today for an instant quote to ship a car.
1433 E. Commercial Ave., Meridian, ID
Car Registration in Idaho
In order to register vehicles in Idaho, you must present the title, car insurance, identity proof and payment of the registration fee at the local office of the DMV.
The process also requires you to submit an application for registration and an inspection certificate after having your VIN inspected.
If you simply want to renew your license plates, you must inquire on the Idaho Registration Renewal process.
Take note that different fees and registration requirements might apply to some vehicle types, as for example motorhomes, RVs, and vehicles for all terrains.
Vehicle Registration for New Idaho Residents
The Division of Motor Vehicles requires you, as a newly established Idaho resident, to perform the registration of your vehicle within the first 3 months of your residency. Boise is the largest city in Idaho, so make sure your car arrived timely for vehicle registration.
Note: The car must be previously titled before registration. You can save time by performing both the titling and registration processes within a single trip to the office. However, make sure to get informed on the titling requirements of the Idaho DMV office.
Any county motor vehicle assessor can help you register, as long as you are present in person at their office and have your car insurance proof with an Idaho licensed insurance provider. Be wary of the minimum requirements when signing your insurance policy:
- $25,000 minimum insurance for one person’s injury or even death.
- $50,000 minimum insurance for two or more persons’ injury or even death.
- $15,000 minimum insurance for property destruction or property damage.
Idaho Car Registration Requirements
In order to obtain your vehicle registration document from the local Idaho office, you must present:
- Your current certificate of vehicle registration;
- Your social security number and driving license;
- Proof of residency;
- Certificate of a VIN inspection;
- Proof of having paid the registration fees;
- You will be able to opt between making the registration for 1 or for 2 years. For a 2-year registration, you will have to pay twice the amount of the fee.
Dealership-purchased vehicles: Car dealerships usually submit the vehicle titling and documents for registration on behalf of their Idaho customers.
Private party-purchased Vehicles
After purchasing a car, the state of Idaho gives you 30 days in order to title the vehicle. It is required to have your car titled before applying for registration. Both the titling and registration must be applied for in person.
To title a new car, you must present the following documents:
- A copy of the form 3337 ITD - Application for Title Certificate completed in full.
- A copy of the form 3403 ITD for Vehicle Identification No. Final Inspection Report Certification completed in full.
- Inspections can be performed by one of the authorized agents at the office, a representative of the Transportation Department, or by the local authorities.
- For vehicles below 16,000 pounds and newer than 10 years, an odometer reading is mandatory.
- Proof of an active car insurance policy with an Idaho licensed insurance provider.
- Your ID card or driver’s license issued by the state of Idaho.
- Payment proof for the fees for the car title and sales tax.
After having titled the vehicle in your own name, you must present:
- The vehicle’s title.
- Your ID card or driver’s license issued by the state of Idaho.
- Proof of an active car insurance policy with an Idaho licensed insurance provider.
- Proof of payment for the fees of vehicle registration in Idaho (for either 1 or two years, as per your choice).
- Please take note that the requirements for automobile registration don’t change if the vehicle was received as a gift.
How to Transfer the Registration of a Vehicle in the state of Idaho?
You can transfer your registration between two vehicles that you own in the state of Idaho by visiting the office with the following documents:
- The title of the vehicles;
- To transfer your plates to a brand-new car, make sure to submit the pink sheet of the title documentation submitted by the dealership.
- The plates;
- Proof of payment for the fee of plate transfer.
Registration of Vehicles from Outside of Idaho or from the Military
There are some special situations when you can register your vehicle through Idaho DMV by mail and not in person. That’s when you’re living out of state temporarily for military service, school, or work.
If that’s the case, you should gather and submit the following:
- A title fully completed or a bill of sale;
- The form ITD 3403 for Hull or Vehicle Identification No. Inspection Certification
- This form can be filled out by any DMV agent or law enforcement officer from the state where the car is located.
- The odometer reading for vehicles newer than 10 years and below 16,000 pounds.
- The form 3368 ITD that will allow the Assessor to represent the owner and sign the documents for you.
- Proof of insurance and your driver’s license in copy.
- Proof of payment of the registration fees, title fee, and sales tax.
Fees of Vehicle Registration in Idaho
For a passenger car of 8,000 pounds and under, the vehicle registration fees in Idaho are annual, subjected by the county, and noted according to residence and the vehicle’s age.
- Passenger vehicles of 1 - 2 years old: Fee of $69.
- Passenger vehicles of 3 - 6 years old: Fee of $57.
- Passenger vehicles of 7 years old or more: Fee of $45.
- Motorcycles: Fee of $25.
- Electric vehicles: extra fee of $140.
- Hybrid plug-in cars: extra fee of $75.
- Automobile trailers for recreation: beginning with $4.
- Title fees: Approx. $21.
- The offices of county assessors for motor vehicles accept checks or cash.
- The annual fee must be doubled if you want to register your vehicle for 2 years.
Inspections of Idaho Vehicles
VIN inspections: You must submit your vehicle to a VIN inspection when you register your car for the first time in Idaho. This inspection can be prior completed by a local representative of the law enforcement, by an agent of the Transportation Department of Idaho, or you can have it done during registration.
Emissions inspections: Idaho state authorities conduct emissions test in order to check for improper emissions that could affect the quality of the air. Residents of some parts of the state must subject to testing. This is mandatory every 2 years.
You will be notified by mail when the testing is due. DOT is due to revoke Idaho car registrations for owners that ignore the testing.
License plates in Idaho: Idaho license plates can have a standard style or one of the specialized plate styles. You can choose your Idaho license plate style when you apply for a car registration certificate.
In order to change a damaged, lost or stolen license plate, you must present the following to any DMV office in the county:
- The car registration document,
- Check or cash for the plates fee.
Other Idaho Resources
Idaho.gov - official government website for the state of Idaho.
Idaho Wikipedia Page - everything you need to know about the state of Idaho.
University Of Idaho - Since 1889, the University of Idaho has been a place that expects more from itself, more from its students, more from knowledge and more from life.
Frequently Asked Questions
What extra services are available for Idaho car shipping?
A1 Auto Transport will automatically use an open carrier to ship a car. We do provide other car shipping options though that could provide your car with extra protection. If you are looking for extra protection for shipping a car, you might want to consider upgrading to an enclosed shipping carrier for extra safeguarding. Furthermore, another popular add-on to transport car is door to door service. This is a popular option for shipping a car that includes fixed pick-up and drop-off appointments rather than having to drop off your vehicle at a specified A1 Auto Transport location.
How can I check an Idaho car shipper's license?
Car transport companies that work in many states or across state lines are overseen by the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. To check on a specific car shipper's license, you will need to request licensing and safety records from FMCSA. To do this, simply request the car shipping company’s USDOT number, and then input it into the Safety and Fitness Electronic Record (SAFER) portal on FMCSA’s website.
How can I file a complaint against a car shipping company in Idaho?
Any complaints about interstate car shipping should be sent to the FMCSA’s website. You can also call 1-888-368-7238 on Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST to fill a complaint if your car arrived in not the same condition as it was picked up.
How do I prepare my car for transport to or from Idaho?
To ensure a smooth car shipping process, it is important that you take some pre-shipment actions. These actions include cleaning out your vehicle; remove all personal items; document any dents or scratches on the car before you ship a car; ensure that the vehicle has a quarter tank of gas; and make sure there are two sets of car keys as one set will go with the transport company and the other should be used as a backup. Let us know if you want to transport a heavy equipment and we will provide helpful links for the same.
Do you offer any car shipping discounts?
A1 Auto Transport offers many different types of discounts that you may be eligible for. For example, to thank our veterans we are proud to offer special military discounts for instant car shipping. We also offer special rates to seniors and students as well. We encourage you to call a representative for more details about available discounts to transport car in Boise Idaho, Western Idaho, Twin falls, Idaho falls, Coeur D'alene, and other cities.