- Safe And Reliable Elizabeth Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
- Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
- Using Elizabeth Vehicle Transport Companies
- Long Distance Auto Transport To/From Elizabeth
- Shipping Luxury And Classic Cars In Elizabeth
- Special Discounts In Elizabeth
- International Shipping To/From Elizabeth
- Cheap Transportation Options In Elizabeth
- Local Companies Directory
- United Road Services Autolog
- Hutson Auto Transport
- Dependable Auto Shippers
- A Aaaautolog Corporation
- Other Elizabeth Resources
- Services And Information
- Elizabeth Neighborhood Areas We Serve
- Elizabeth Includes Zip Codes
Safe And Reliable Elizabeth Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Located in Union County, there are just over 124,000 residents living in what is New Jersey’s fourth-largest locale. It has been named by Popular Science as one of the greenest cities in the country and is the only Garden State city to have that honor.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Hartford to Elizabeth||$132||132 miles||1-2 days|
|Elizabeth to to Washington D.C.||$211||211 miles||2-4 days|
|Elizabeth to Boston||$231||231 miles||2-4 days|
|Detroit to Elizabeth||$460||613 miles||3-5 days|
|Milwaukee to Elizabeth||$659||879 miles||3-5 days|
|Elizabeth to Orlando||$635||1058 miles||4-6 days|
|Elizabeth to Miami||$758||1264 miles||4-6 days|
|Seattle to Elizabeth||$1134||2836 miles||7-9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Primarily a manufacturing region, Elizabeth is home to a refining facility that provides oil to the New Jersey/New York region. It is also an Urban Enterprise Zone, making it a more attractive option for businesses looking for a financial boon to establishing roots in New Jersey. The city is in the midst of a building boom, with a number of roads, parking lots and retail outfits being constructed with regularity.
Using Elizabeth Vehicle Transport Companies
Booking auto transport of any type requires some preparation:
- Get your personal paperwork in order: Be prepared to provide the transport company with proof of personal insurance, a copy of your driver’s license and, in some cases, proof of residency or ownership of the vehicle. You don’t want to have to scramble for this information at the last minute.
- Arrive ahead of your vehicle: If you don’t feel comfortable with it sitting in a storage yard for days until you arrive at your destination, then plan to be there ahead of it. The transport company should be able to give you a clear idea of how long it will take to transport your car.
- Get after-hours and weekend contact information from the company: If you want to be able to check on your car at any time of the day or night, get contact information outside of the regular business hours for the company. Otherwise, you might not be able to get anyone when you really need them.
For additional information about Elizabeth and the surrounding area, visit the city online.
Long Distance Auto Transport to/from Elizabeth
Going to a broker to transport your automobile can be an unnecessarily expensive endeavor. Brokers are essentially middlemen, meaning they don’t actually transport vehicles. They connect potential clients with direct shipping companies and get paid for this service.
This can be very useful if you cannot find a company willing to ship your car. However, A1 auto transport operates nationwide. You don’t need to worry about whether or not we can ship your vehicle, because we operate in every city/state. All you have to do is have a phone conversation with our staff, and your transport will be arranged immediately.
Shipping Luxury and Classic Cars in Elizabeth
A1 auto transport can ship your automobile to/from most US locations. We offer several levels of service, ranging from our standard to the white glove.
As our client, you can ask for the transport to be customized as you wish. We can take your car from home or pick it up at a nearby terminal. We can ship it in on an open carrier on the top row to offer it better protection against flying debris.
If you can afford it, we can also send an enclosed carrier your way to keep the car’s security at a maximum. It’s all up to you and your preferences.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Special Discounts in Elizabeth
Several of our auto shipping discounts can be obtained with very little input on your part. For instance, the first time you test our services, you’ll receive a first timer special as a small encouragement.
A1 auto transport tries to support its military and senior communities. These groups will get a reduction in price from us every time they request transportation. Shipping several cars at a time will also earn you a special offer from us without having to meet any other conditions.
International Shipping to/from Elizabeth
Normal shipping methods may not be enough when transporting an exotic or a vintage car overseas. If you’re worried about its safety, we have ways of preventing even the slightest bump from appearing on its body.
Enclosed carrier shipping is very safe and fast. The car is moved on its own, so there’s no risk of it hitting others. It’s strapped in safely, so it won’t hit the truck. And by being covered throughout the trip, rocks, pebbles, bad weather, etc. is kept away from your property.
When crossing an ocean, a ship can be used instead. Container shipping is very safe, though we can even book a plane if you can afford the extra cost.
Cheap Transportation Options in Elizabeth
When going abroad, transportation costs pile up fast, especially for your vehicle. The distance is the largest factor in determining your shipping fee. However, by reducing other factors, you can still make a significant difference.
The price of transporting a car with an enclosed truck vs. an open one is huge. This is because while many ship just one car at a time with enclosed carriers, up to 12 can be moved with an open one. Because shipping costs are split among all 12 clients, the price each one ends up with is much lower.
Local Companies Directory
United Road Services: AutoLog
United Road allows you to complete personalize your transport experience by creating an account via its secure website. This gives you a custom quote, depending on your destination and place of origin, as well as the ability to explore some of the other services this multi-faceted company offers.
401 Commerce Road
Hutson Auto Transport
Hutson is in Bayonne and services transport in various locations around the Garden State. It offers both individual shipping as well as trailer transport, for those that need an option that is easier on the wallet. The company offers free quotes via phone, for those interested in learning more about its services.
1114 John F Kennedy Boulevard West
Dependable Auto Shippers
Dependable offers a wide array of services, from dealer relocation to individual transport requests. The company has been in business since 1954 and since that time, it has moved more than a million vehicles. This is the kind of experience that customers rely on from this global operation.
1600 Lower Road
A Aaaautolog Corporation
Serving the Garden State since the mid-1970s, this company offers coast to coast transport and a range of other services related to transporting your vehicle. This particular transport outfit specializes in transport for snowbirds making their way south for the winter months or students that need to get their car to and from school with them at the start or end of a new semester.
401 Commerce Road
Other Elizabeth Resources
Elizabeth Wikipedia Page - everything you need to know about the city of Elizabeth.
Union County College- At Union, students are #1! As the oldest community college in New Jersey, Union has been serving both career-minded and transfer-oriented students since 1933.
Services And Information
Elizabeth Neighborhood Areas We Serve
Our auto transport services are proud to help with your move in any of the neighborhoods you see below. And if you don't see your neighborhood listed here, don't worry because we can most likely service it.
|Madison Avenue||East Jersy Street|
Elizabeth includes ZIP codes
07201, 07202, 07206, 07207, 07208, 08348.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get my car ready for transport to or from Elizabeth, NJ?
- Start by cleaning out all your items from the car.
*NOTE—some companies may allow you to keep up to 100lbs of personal items in the trunk during transport. Keep in mind that the liability insurance the company carries will not cover your personal belongings.
- Then, take pictures of your vehicle at pickup time. Be sure to take photos of dents and scratches inside and outside the car.
- The importance of the pictures will become clear when your car is delivered. Using the images, you took at pick up allows you to see any new dents or scratches upon delivery.
- Finally, make sure you have a fuel level of ¼ tank during transport. A ¼ tank of gas serves two purposes:
- It gives the driver enough gas to load and unload your car and helps keep the carrier within federally regulated weight restrictions.
- If you have any questions about how to prep your car for transport, reach out to your transport company or broker, and they will help you.
How do I register my car once I’ve moved to Elizabeth, NJ?
You have 60 days to register your car or before your current license and vehicle registration expires, whichever occurs first.
You can learn more about registering your car after moving to New Jersey by going to the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission site, Moving New Jersey.
How can I find out if the company I want to transport my car from Elizabeth, NJ is legitimate?
Checking on the validity of the company you want to use is essential. Just because a company is on the internet isn’t enough to know that they’re legit.
If auto transport companies and brokers operate interstate, registering with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration is required. Auto transporters must also have a “USDOT” number.
You can find out more about the validity of your transport company or broker by going to the FMCSA website, Licensing and Insurance Public page.
Why do I only get an estimate from transport companies in Elizabeth, NJ, when I want to find out the cost of shipping my car?
There are unknown cost factors when transporting a vehicle until much closer to the date of pick up—factors such as gas prices, weather, and route.
You can check our online estimator here for a free quote. In addition, you can call when of our knowledgeable customer service representatives to answer any questions you may have. They also may be able to give you a more accurate quote after finding out more about your situation.
*IMPORTANT NOTE—Don’t give a deposit to any company in exchange for a quote. No company should ask for a deposit. If they do, it’s a sign that they aren’t legitimate.
What are the insurance requirements for a transport company moving my vehicle to or from Elizabeth, NJ?
All interstate auto transport companies are federally required to carry a minimum of $750,000 in cargo and liability insurance.
You can go to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) page, Insurance Filling Requirements, to find out more.
In addition, you can reach out to your insurance broker, and they can help you think about how much insurance you might need for your comfort level.
How can I file a complaint against the company that transported my car to or from Elizabeth, NJ?
There are three ways to file a complaint in Elizabeth, NJ:
- File a complaint with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) or
- If the Better Business Bureau accredits the company you used, you can contact them.
- In addition, you can file a complaint with the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs, found on the State of New Jersey Office of Attorney General.