Durango is a small city and the County Seat to La Plata County in Colorado. With over seventeen thousand residents, it is the most populated municipality in the county. It began as a silver and gold mining town but has now diversified into tourism and other businesses. It has plenty to do all year round. During winter, you can take part in skiing, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling. During the warmer months, you can take part in zip lining, golfing, and riding on its vintage narrow gauge railroad, fly fishing, whitewater rafting, canoeing and kayaking on the Animas River Valley. There are also numerous annual events filled with food and drinks for people to enjoy.
If you plan on visiting Durango, do so in your own vehicle. It gives you the freedom to travel to different places in a short time. If you wish to have your car shipped, A-1 Auto Transport is the company to get in touch with. We are one of the largest shipping companies based in the United States. We have been shipping cars to or from Durango and other locations across the world for over a quarter century. Our clients can rely on us to give them a smooth, seamless, and hassle-free shipping experience.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Durango to Denver||$337||337 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Durango to San Jose||$619||1032 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Durango to Omaha||$654||873 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Houston to Durango||$655||1093 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Memphis to Durango||$730||1218 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Durango to Columbus||$897||1496 miles||4 - 6 days|
|New York to Durango||$1015||2031 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Miami to Durango||$1084||2169 miles||6 - 8 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Areas we ship to or from Durango
The city has a well-established transport system that enables us to provide on-time deliveries. It boasts of a major regional airport that we can use if you need your shipment expedited. Some of the major roads we use when shipping cars to or from Durango are U.S. Highway 160 and 550. Other cities and towns neighboring Durango that we also ship to include Aztec, Bloomfield, Farmington, Los Alamos, Gallup, Espanola, Taos, Grants, Santa Fe in New Mexico, Cortez, Montrose, Alamosa, Grand Junction, Clifton, and Redlands in Colorado.
Our service portfolio
Most people who ship with us tend to change their minds on the type of service they thought they needed, once they sample the numerous shipping options in our portfolio. Some of the services we offer include:
- Interstate car towing. Shipping your vehicle across states has never been this easy. Gone are the days where you had to do it yourself, risking your car getting road damage and driving for long hours on unfamiliar roads. You can now access interstate car towing services at very affordable rates thanks to A-1 Auto Transport.
- Shipping for college students. Some students get accepted to colleges that are miles apart from their homes. Thanks to A-1 Auto Transport, there is an alternative solution to driving your vehicle all the way. You can now ship your car with us at the student rate which is highly discounted.
- International /RoRo. Shipping your car to another country is more complex than shipping it locally. There are different laws to follow, more paperwork to fill in and more distance to cover. You, however, do not need to worry about all the logistics since we take care of them for you.
The types of cars we ship
- Electric vehicles
- Sports utility vehicles
- All-terrain vehicles
- Boats and yachts
- Salvaged cars
- Excavators, dredgers, rollers, and other service utility vehicles
- Non-op vehicles
How to prepare your vehicle for shipping
The preparation process is meant to help you avoid delays and setbacks during the shipping process. Your vehicle is supposed to be mechanically sound and if not, you should notify the auto shipper in advance. Here are some of the tasks that you should carry out:
- Take your vehicle to an experienced and qualified mechanic to be serviced.
- Clean your car both in and out and take photos of every damaged part.
- Only leave about a quarter-full tank of gas in the car. More fuel will be deemed as extra weight of which additional charges apply.
- In order to prevent your car from accruing charges as it is being shipped past toll stations, remove all toll tags and parking passes.
- Get rid of all your personal items and custom installations in the vehicle.
- Deactivate your car's alarm system.
- Make copies of your car keys.
Why ship with us?
Not many companies guarantee the safety of your shipment but we do. In fact, we insure it for full value replacement ensuring that even if something happens to it, you will be duly compensated.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.