Safe And Reliable Bedford Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
There are different circumstances which may require that motorcycle shipping services be use/applied/sought out. These include:
- Taking the bike to the mechanic for it to be repaired.
- Moving a bike to the Bedford address to which a bike owner is relocating to.
- Taking a bike to the address of a buyer after it has been purchased.
- Avoiding the wear and tear caused to bikes due to using the bike over long distances.
The available motorcycle shipping methods
The following are the motorcycle shipping options available: air transport, water transport, road transport and rail transport. Road transport and rail transport are the inland methods of shipping. Road transport is the most commonly used shipping method since many destinations are accessible via road. Rail transport is the alternative to shipping via road and it has a more economical shipping option. Air transport is a fast method of shipping but it is very expensive. However, we do our best to source for the best air freight charges. Water transport is hired when shipping bikes overseas and it is more affordable compared to air transport but it has a longer delivery timeframe. The delivery services are door-to-door and terminal-to-terminal.
Motorcycle shipping preparation
The following are the steps that you should take as you prepare your motorbike for shipping:
- Remove your belongings and the motorcycle accessories.
- Check the level of the fluids.
- Check the tire pressure.
- Ensure that the gas level is at a quarter of the tank capacity.
- Clean the bike.
- Inspect the bike and take good photos of it.
- Remove all items and accessories from your bike.
- Secure the fragile bike parts.
- Disconnect the battery and drain the fluids.
What to consider as you search for a shipping company
When searching for a shipping company there are various factors that you ought to consider. These include:
- The ability of the mover to ship motorcycles.
- The experience that the company has in shipping bikes.
- The availability of the moving company to provide tailored transport solutions.
- The safety levels provided by the mover.
What makes A-1 Auto Transport a good shipping company?
There are many service providers in the industry but here are the reasons why you should hire us:
- We are licensed to operate across the USA and you can have your bike delivered to the any location (Bedford included). We use hi-tech navigation technology to guide our drivers through the best routes when making deliveries so as to shorten your waiting time.
- We have a team of professionals who provide you with the best services. Our teams of drivers provide the best transport services, completing the delivery within a short time. Our customer success team responds to your queries within a short period of time and they also ensure that your requests shall be acted on, according to your specifications.
- We handle your bike with care and you can rely on us to deliver it in perfect condition. The moving of the bike is mechanized and we use top-notch equipment to move the bike. Therefore, the chances of any accidents occurring are minimal. In addition to this, we also have secure containers and our drivers pass through the safest routes. We are also approved by the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). This gives you the assurance that you are hiring the services of a shipping company that has met the safety standards.
- We have provided satisfactory services to many clients over the past two decades. When hiring our services, you will be sure of being availed with high-quality transport solutions. We also provide tailored transport solutions such as Harley-Davidson shipping and Sturgis bike week shipping services.
- Our clients have rated us highly and since we have provided them with services that meet their needs. We are also a reliable mover and thus, there are no disputes lodged against us.
Our Bedford motorcycle shipping services
The following are the Bedford motorcycle shipping services that we provide:
- Open air shipping, which is a popular and affordable choice. However, since the bike shall be exposed to various perils, this is the least secure shipping option.
- Crated shipping, which requires extra preparation of a motorcycle after which it will be put in a crate.
- Enclosed shipping, which is an expensive shipping option but it has the advantage of providing your bike with extra security.
- Insurance coverage, whereby we provide you with a comprehensive insurance cover so as to protect your bike from various perils.
- Storage services, which provide you with the extra convenience that you may need as you plan for the move to suit your schedule.
Get in touch
Feel free to get in touch with us. You can call us at any time on the number 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.