Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Alaska
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe And Reliable Alaska Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
When many people think of Alaska, they think of snow, ice, and extremely frigid temperatures. However, this extreme northern state is also home to some of the most stunning expanses of wilderness in the country as well as a diverse population that includes indigenous townsfolk and transplants that wouldn’t choose to live anywhere else. Tourism is big business here and many that visit wants to see the entire state, which means personal transportation is key for those traveling. This, in turn, makes Alaska auto transport a much-needed option for those planning to visit the state.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Anchorage to Seattle WA||$1130||2261 miles||6 – 8 days|
|Portland OR to Anchorage||$1217||2434 miles||7 – 9 days|
|Alaska to California||$1270||3176 miles||7 – 9 days|
|Las Vegas NV to Anchorage||$1346||3364 miles||7 – 9 days|
|Illinois to Alaska||$1436||3589 miles||7 – 9 days|
|Alaska to Houston TX||$1638||4096 miles||7 – 9 days|
|New York NY to Alaska||$1735||4337 miles||7 – 9 days|
|Alaska to Miami FL||$1979||4924 miles||7 – 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Tips For Using Alaska Vehicle Transport Companies
Since many people use their vehicles to tour this state, there are several options to keep in mind when it comes to Alaska car transport.
- Plan your travel itinerary ahead of time: This allows you to have a clear idea of where you might be headed, so that when you schedule your Alaska auto shipping, you can choose the locations from which you plan to start on your adventures with the trucks (enclosed or open air trailers) and licensed drivers you want. You don’t want to pick up your vehicle hundreds of miles away from where you plan to start your sightseeing excursions, if you don’t have to.
- Make sure your Alaska automobile shipping company of choice ships to Alaska: No, it’s not the edge of the world, but many parts of the state are fairly remote. So, when you consider Alaska auto transport, make sure that the company you are interested in using can ship to the city destination of your choice before planning out the rest of your trip. Check reviews of the company you are considering shipping with – the internet online is always a great place to start. Make sure they have the required amount of insurance for your shipments at the pricing which fits into your budget. Ask for seasonal discounts and specials.
- Prep your car ahead of time: Alaska vehicle shipping involves taking your car through some fairly cold conditions if you are shipping in one of the cooler months. Make sure your car is not only prepared ahead of time for transport through colder climates, but also make sure that it is ready for you to drive through rather inclement weather if you are traveling at a time of year when the state is seeing regular snowfall.
Alaska car shipping allows you the opportunity to see all that this beautiful northern locale has to offer without incurring the expense and downright inconvenience of renting a vehicle. Spend the time in the car in which you are familiar seeing the sights without having to learn to navigate an entirely different vehicle through what can sometimes be challenging terrain. This is part of what makes Alaska automobile transportation one of your best options if you plan to travel to the state in the near future.
Visit the Travel Alaska Department of Transportation website for more information on transporting your automobile.
Services And Information
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Alaska Auto Transport Companies Directory
Alaska Marine Lines
This barge company offers auto, motorcycle, and boat transport to various ports, including bi-weekly service to Juneau specifically. This company is fairly diverse, offering a vast array of transport options for those that need to get large items transported to the Juneau area.
100 Mt. Roberts Street, Juneau, AK 99801
Situated in Juneau, this is another option for those that need auto transport in and out of Juneau. This company has a number of docking options around the state, making it ideal for travelers that may end up any number of places in the state.
6700 W. Marginal Way SW, Seattle, WA 98106
*On November 1, 2013, Northland joined the Lynden family of companies and is now a service of Alaska Marine Lines.
Totem Ocean Trailer Express
Shipping in and out of the state, this is a good choice if you need an Alaska car transport company that can offer service around the state and in the Washington state area as well.
2511 Tidewater, Anchorage, AK 99501
Northern Air Cargo
The beauty of this Alaska auto transport company is that it can get your car out of Anchorage and to any point in Alaska with an air strip of at least 3,500 feet.
3900 Old International Airport Road, Anchorage, AK 99502
Alaska Auto Transport
Serving the entire state, and beyond, the company has all of the necessary tools to get your vehicle to any points of interest in the state.
4600 Gambell Street, Anchorage, AK 99503-7408
Wrightway Auto Carriers
This auto transport organization has served the state for roughly 60 years and can ship vehicles in and out of the state. In fact, Wrightway has terminals designated around the state for ease of access for customers needing to get their vehicles shipped.
904 Aurora Drive, Fairbanks, AK 99709
Other Alaska Resources
Alaska.gov – official government website.
Alaska Wikipedia Page – everything you need to know about the state.
Alaska Marine Highway System – official site of the State Ferry.
Alaska.com – travel, jobs, homes, fishing, hiking and more….
Alaska On Craigslist – local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events.
Related Information & FAQ
Reviews from Customers in Alaska
Last year I wanted to ship my car to Alaska. I researched several companies online and got more and more discouraged after reading the reviews. It seemed I had to expect the worse, and I was getting a bit paranoid.
Thank God I found A1 Auto Transport. Many of its reviews praised the team’s responsiveness and speed. I didn’t want to waste time pointlessly, so this caught my attention.
I got quotes from several companies, but went with A1 in the end. It was a pleasure to work with Joe. He kept his word, answered all my questions, got a truck at my door the next day, and updated me on my car’s status throughout the process. He was very professional. Any questions I had, he answered them fully. This really helped clear the fog in my head.
The company was attentive to weather and road conditions, so my vehicle arrived in Alaska on time and intact. They had to make a small detour at one point due to an accident up ahead. They informed immediately. Even so, the car still arrived at the expected time.- Paul M.
I wish I’d known about A1 Auto Transport a year ago when my sister and her fam had to move to Alaska. They tried to get their cars transported, only to get ripped off by some other car relocation company that left her Cruze in a mess and charged her exorbitantly.
You won’t run into any of those hassles with A1 Auto Transport, thank god. And the people who helped me all the way… I hope their whole team and their higher ups are all reading this review, so they can know how wonderful the service I got from them was. Very reliable people. They quoted me a reasonable price. And for such awesome customer service, I’d be glad to pay these guys more just for existing.- Amanda S.
Auto Transport Services in Alaska
- Aleutians West Census Area
- Aleutians, East Borough
- Anchorage County
- Bethel Census Area
- Bristol Bay Borough
- Delta Junction
- Denali Borough
- Dillingham Census Area
- Fairbanks North Star Borough
- Fort Yukon
- Haines Borough
- Hoonah–Angoon Census Area
- Hooper Bay
- Juneau City and Borough
- Kenai Peninsula Borough
- Ketchikan Gateway Borough
- King Cove
- Kodiak Island Borough
- Matanuska-Susitna Borough
- Mountain Village
- New Stuyahok
- North Pole
- Pilot Station
- Point Hope
- Port Of Anchorage
- Port Of Valdez
- Port Of Barrow
- Port Of Iliuliuk Harbor
- Port Of Juneau
- Port Of Ketchikan
- Port Of Nikiski
- Port Of Nome
- Port Of Seward
- Port Of Unalaska Island
- Prudhoe Bay
- Sand Point
- St. Mary’s
- Toksook Bay