Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Kodiak, Alaska
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe And Reliable Kodiak Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Kodiak gained fame in the Kevin Costner blockbuster “The Guardian,” though Coast Guard denizens have long been aware of this Alaska city from the fact that there is such a large U.S. Coast Guard presence here. There is no way to get to Kodiak Island except for ferryboat or air. There are roughly 6,000 residents on this island, which was actually inhabited by Alutigg people for more than 7,000 years. There is some of the most varied wildlife in the country here, from the infamous Kodiak bear to the Sitka deer to mountain goats and more. The Alaska Department of Fish and Game has an office on the island, as does the University of Alaska. The U.S. Navy also has a base here, so U.S. Navy SEALs can train in the cold conditions to prepare for combat in any locale.
In addition to the military presence here, there is plenty of opportunity for cultural events and recreation. For instance, the Kodiak Crab Festival is held over Memorial Day weekend each year, which includes a kayak race, marathon, and mountain run. There are also food offerings, games, live entertainment and more.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Using Kodiak Vehicle Transport Companies
When you are looking to book Kodiak car transport services, keep a few key tips in mind:
- Take all personal effects out of the car: The transport company will likely tell you that they are not responsible for your personal effects in the car, and this is the case. Remove anything of any value – even sentimental value – from the vehicle before transport.
- You must confirm the condition of your car before transport: In other words, you can’t come back and accuse the transport company of damaging your vehicle if you were able to document the damage well ahead of time. This replies in reverse as well. So document damage in detail and make sure both you and the car company sign off.
- Negotiate your price; never take the first price offered to you: There are always discounts available, particularly for first-time customers or frequent transport consumers.
For more information on Kodiak, visit the City of Kodiak website.
Other Kodiak Resources
Kodiak Wikipedia Page – everything you need to know about the city of Kodiak.
Kodiak College – Kodiak College is part of the University of Alaska statewide system of public higher education. In 1987 it changed from its previous designation as a community college to an extended college of the University of Alaska Anchorage.
Kodiak includes ZIP codes:
99615, 99619, 99697.