- Car Transport Homer Near Me
- Homer Auto Transport Pricing & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
- Using Homer Vehicle Transport Companies
- Other Homer Resources
- Homer Neighborhood Areas We Serve
- Homer Includes Zip Codes
- Related Information & Faq
Car Transport Homer Near Me
With a population of just over 5,000 people, Homer, Alaska is situated on the Kenai Peninsula. It is known as the “end of the road” in Alaska and is fairly rural in comparison with some of the other metro areas in this northernmost state. The city is named for a gold mining company exec, Homer Pennock, as he arrived in this area in the late 1800s and built living quarters for the roughly 50 men he brought with him. This area is known for some of the best halibut fishing in the world and also offers sport and commercial salmon fishing as well.
Homer Auto Transport Pricing & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From Homer||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Homer to Seattle||$1522||2537 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Homer to Cheyenne||$1982||3304 miles||8 - 10 days|
|Los Angeles to Homer||$2334||3890 miles||8 - 10 days|
|Albuquerque to Homer||$2280||3800 miles||8 - 10 days|
|Homer to Detroit||$2446||4077 miles||10 - 12 days|
|Columbus to Homer||$2492||4154 miles||10 - 12 days|
|New York to Homer||$2749||4582 miles||10 - 12 days|
|Homer to Miami Beach||$3106||5176 miles||12 - 14 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
The area was home to the Arctic Winter Games in 2006 and has a few recreational and cultural resources as well. For instance, the Alaska Islands and Ocean Visitor Center provides interactive displays, and the Alaska Maritime National Wildlife Refuge offers wildlife native to this area a place to safely frolic and thrive. In addition to primary education here, Kenai Peninsula College has the Kachmak Bay Campus in the Homer area. Those looking to get to this area can do so through the Alaska Marine Highway, the regional airport as well as via the Alaska highway system, at which Homer is the southernmost point.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Using Homer Vehicle Transport Companies
When you are looking to book Homer car transport services, keep a few key tips in mind:
- Ask about the most direct route to save money: For instance, the California to Florida route along I-10 is one of the cheapest routes to take in terms of transportation costs. Ask about the most direct or cheapest route from your destination in or around Alaska to get the best bang for your transport buck.
- Make sure to let the transport company know of any modifications made to your vehicle ahead of transport: For instance, if your vehicle has a camper shell or vehicle lowering capabilities, these are accessories and modifications that the car transport company needs to know about ahead of transport. In most instances, there is an area on the transport booking form that asks about such modifications, but in the event that there is not, be sure to let your transport company know on your own.
- Reduce the weight of your vehicle for lower shipping costs: Many companies base the end price of your vehicle on the weight of it for transport. You can reduce the weight of your vehicle by taking off heavy accessories, keeping the level of fuel at roughly a quarter of a tank and taking out all personal effects. Even several ounces can make the transport process a bit cheaper; even a few bucks earned can go towards other expenses.
For more information on Homer, visit the Official Homer Alaska website.
Other Homer Resources
Homer Wikipedia Page - everything you need to know about the city of Homer.
Homer Neighborhood Areas We Serve
Our auto transport services are proud to help with your move in any of the neighborhoods yo see below. And if you don't see your neighborhood listed here, don't worry because we can most likely service it.
|Pioneer Avenue||Hazel Avenue||Grubstake Avenue|
|Bonanza Avenue||Lucky Shot Street||Kachemak Way|
|Klondike Avenue||Poopdeck Street||Island View Ct|
|Mountain View Dr|
Homer includes ZIP codes: