Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Homer, Alaska
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe And Reliable Homer Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
With a population of just over 5,000 people, Homer, Alaska is situated on the Kenai Peninsula. It is known as the “end of the road” in Alaska and is fairly rural in comparison with some of the other metro areas in this northernmost state. The city is named for a gold mining company exec, Homer Pennock, as he arrived in this area in the late 1800s and built living quarters for the roughly 50 men he brought with him. This area is known for some of the best halibut fishing in the world and also offers sport and commercial salmon fishing as well.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Homer to Seattle||$1242||2484 miles||7 – 12 days|
|Homer to Cheyenne||$1330||3326 miles||7 – 12 days|
|Los Angeles to Homer||$1447||3619 miles||7 – 12 days|
|Albuquerque to Homer||$1528||3821 miles||7 – 12 days|
|Homer to Detroit||$1643||4108 miles||7 – 12 days|
|Columbus to Homer||$1656||4141 miles||7 – 12 days|
|New York to Homer||$1845||4613 miles||7 – 12 days|
|Homer to Miami Beach||$2082||5205 miles||7 – 12 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
The area was home to the Arctic Winter Games in 2006 and has a few recreational and cultural resources as well. For instance, the Alaska Islands and Ocean Visitor Center provides interactive displays, and the Alaska Maritime National Wildlife Refuge offers wildlife native to this area a place to safely frolic and thrive. In addition to primary education here, Kenai Peninsula College has the Kachmak Bay Campus in the Homer area. Those looking to get to this area can do so through the Alaska Marine Highway, the regional airport as well as via the Alaska highway system, at which Homer is the southernmost point.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Using Homer Vehicle Transport Companies
When you are looking to book Homer car transport services, keep a few key tips in mind:
- Ask about the most direct route to save money: For instance, the California to Florida route along I-10 is one of the cheapest routes to take in terms of transportation costs. Ask about the most direct or cheapest route from your destination in or around Alaska to get the best bang for your transport buck.
- Make sure to let the transport company know of any modifications made to your vehicle ahead of transport: For instance, if your vehicle has a camper shell or vehicle lowering capabilities, these are accessories and modifications that the car transport company needs to know about ahead of transport. In most instances, there is an area on the transport booking form that asks about such modifications, but in the event that there is not, be sure to let your transport company know on your own.
- Reduce the weight of your vehicle for lower shipping costs: Many companies base the end price of your vehicle on the weight of it for transport. You can reduce the weight of your vehicle by taking off heavy accessories, keeping the level of fuel at roughly a quarter of a tank and taking out all personal effects. Even several ounces can make the transport process a bit cheaper; even a few bucks earned can go towards other expenses.
For more information on Homer, visit the Official Homer Alaska website.
Other Homer Resources
Homer Wikipedia Page – everything you need to know about the city of Homer.
Homer includes ZIP codes: