Perhaps one of the greatest things about hiring professionals to relocate a vehicle is the fact that they carry insurance coverage. When your car is under the care of someone else other than its owner, it usually isn’t protected under your insurance policy anymore. This is why it’s important for auto transport companies to carry their own insurance policy so that they can protect the value of the car’s they’re responsible to deliver.
The vehicle owner’s insurance policy will not provide protection during the car’s transport. Transporters are required to purchase their own. They provide this coverage to all customers that purchased shipping services. If an accident or damages occur, they’re repaired and paid for through the shipping company’s insurance agent.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
How to Spot Damages and What to Do If You Notice Any
Before your car’s shipping process begins, take note of all damages already existing on the car. Take photographs of the automobile from all angles, even the interior. This documentation may come in handy during the car’s final inspection after delivery.
If you spot damages on your vehicle after the delivery, inform the transport driver so that they can fill out a report. They will turn this in to the transport company after you sign it so they can help you file an insurance claim. The insurance company will pay for any immediate repairs or replacements. For a customer to file an insurance claim after a professional transport isn’t common, yet it’s essential to have this protection just in case.
At A1 Auto Transport, we provide all of our customers with insurance coverage on their vehicle or vehicles. To learn more about our insurance coverage or to receive a FREE car shipping quote, call us at (800) 452-2880.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?