Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Vermont
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe And Reliable Vermont Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Yes, Vermont is perhaps best known for its maple syrup and mountains loaded with powdery snow, but there is more to this state than meets the eye. Ship your car to Vermont and take the time to peruse each of the tiny towns that line the state. What you will find are artisans with unmitigated talent, welcoming locals that enjoy telling tourists stories of local lore, restaurants offering delectable northern delights and more. This state is worth exploring and because it isn’t massive like, say, Texas, you could plan an entire trip just crisscrossing from one country to the next to really enjoy all that Vermont has to offer.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Burlington to Philadelphia||$382||382 miles||2 -4 days|
|Columbus to Burlington||$519||692 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Chicago to Vermont||$717||956 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Burlington to Asheville||$721||961 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Vermont to Texas||$648||1080 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Atlanta to Burlington||$691||1152 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Colorado to Vermont||$1004||2008 miles||6 – 8 days|
|Vermont to Las Vegas||$1076||2689 miles||7 – 9 days|
|Oregon to Vermont||$1163||2908 miles||7 – 9 days|
|Burlington to California||$1208||3021 miles||7 – 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Using Vermont Car Transport Companies
When you are looking to book Vermont car transport services, keep a few key tips in mind.
- Prep your car for winter conditions: During many of the months of the year, numerous places in Vermont maintain some of the most wintery conditions in the country. From the right fluids in your vehicle to snow tires, prep your car as much as possible ahead of your transport to ensure a successful and safe trip once your car has been delivered.
- Plan out a route ahead of time: If exploring the state is high on your agenda, plan out a route ahead of time so you know where you are going and you can make the most efficient use of your vehicle.
- Seek out the nearest Vermont auto transport depot: Vermont is a fairly small, so you may not have as many options in terms of where to pick up your vehicle once the transport company is ready to deliver it. Ask ahead of time where the nearest depot is in relation to your location in the state.
Vermont is one of the best places to truly “get away” when you need a vacation. Yes, some places in the state are touristy and crowded with other people doing the same thing, but there are many other towns that pride themselves on offering seclusion for those that want to find a winter cabin to which to except for some much-needed R&R.
Visit the Vermont Department of Transportation website for more information on Vermont and the plentiful opportunities in which it can offer those visiting or relocating to the state.
Long Distance Auto Transport to/from Vermont
Moving your car to another state can weigh you down if you’re already loaded with housing arrangements and other tasks. It can be less tiring and expensive to hire a professional transport service than to do it on your own, especially considering the cost of gas, food, and hotel rooms. When driving it yourself, the car is exposed to the elements, it accumulates mileage, and it may suffer from wear and tear.
Fortunately, you can get your automobile to where it needs to go safely, easily, and quickly if you leave it to our company. We offer both open and enclosed carriers. Contact us for further assistance.
International Auto Transport from/to Vermont
It’s very important to check your new country’s laws regarding imports and vehicles before proceeding with the transport. If the import tax for vehicles like yours is too big, you may find it cheaper to buy a new one.
If there are certain regulations your car must meet to be street legal, you may have to modify it. If this is the case, see what modifications you’ll have to make and how much you’ll have to pay for them.
Our company can help advise you regarding these problems. We’ll also deal with customs officials, so your car will get past the border without problems.
Cheap Car Transportation Options in Vermont
Several factors, like the vehicle’s condition and the season, affect shipping costs. The following tips will help you reduce them.
Ideally, it’s best to ship your car during the colder parts of the year, due to the seasonal offerings which take effect. Combined with an open carrier, you should be able to afford auto transportation easily.
When it comes to the pickup and drop off locations, you can ask the driver to go directly to your door or you can take your car to a central location, a terminal. Because the company uses fewer resources for the second option, it’s also cheaper.
So, when calling our staff to request transportation, ask when our seasonal offerings take effect, if there’re any terminals near your area, request an open carrier, and see if you qualify for a discount.
Shipping Luxury and Classic Cars in Vermont
The safest way to transport a luxury car to Vermont is with an enclosed carrier. The same applies for classic, antique, or exotic cars. Among the reasons for this, we count the extra protection from the elements and road debris due to the covered trailer, as well the privacy offered by such a transport method. In case someone might want to damage or steal your car, the details of the transport are kept hidden and nobody can peak into the trailer to see its contents.
Professional drivers offer white glove services and will regularly message or call you to give updates on the shipment. As there are no other cars to drop off besides your own, the truck arrives much faster, making it ideal for urgent deliveries. There is also no chance of something leaking from another car shipped above your own on the same open trailer.
Vermont Special Discounts
Military Members benefit from special discounts when using our auto transport services. To arrange the shipment of a POV, you may call us directly. We give discounts to our student and senior customers, and there are also seasonal offerings all can take advantage of.
Auto Transport Safety Measures in Vermont
Auto transportation is a safe procedure as long as standards are maintained. Since the cargo’s safety relies on the carrier that moves it, checking it regularly is a must. Each strap must be verified and changed if necessary. The wheels must be balanced and inflated accordingly.
The route is planned out carefully, and our drivers are informed of each aspect of the journey before they set out. To prevent delays and other problems, each stop is planned, hotels are booked when necessary, etc. If the driver takes a break in the wrong neighborhood, someone may attempt to steal a car or damage it. Planning out the route in advance prevents this.
Services And Information
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
How to Request a Price Estimate
Of the 2 main ways to get a price estimate, the most used is our quote calculator, located at the top of the page. The form comes with some simple instructions you should read to get an accurate response. Although it’s very fast to complete, we recommend you take as much time as you need, so the result you receive is accurate. The estimated price will depend on the information you put in.
If you’d like to speak to our office directly, you can do this too by calling the phone number near the online form. It will connect you to one of our staff members who will listen to your request. In some cases, he/she may be able to customize your service, saving you time, money, or both.
Vermont Auto Transport Companies Directory
Brinks Auto Transport
When you need shipping to or from Vermont, Brinks is one of your top choices for its solid offering of Vermont transport services, as well as its varied transport options. Licensed, bonded and insured nationwide auto shippers with great BBB accredited customer reviews. Transports automobiles, vans, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles, boats and another heavy hauling with their open and enclosed auto transport carriers.
659 Bay St.S. Johnsbury, VT
Cross Country Auto Transport
The name says it all; located in Vermont, but able to go around the country to get your car delivered in a timely fashion. Cross Country can deliver your vehicle from Vermont to various other areas of the country, which is particularly appealing for snowbirds.
36 Clarke St.Burlington, VT
Vehicle Registration in Vermont
All vehicles of Vermont’s residents must be registered with the Department of Motor Vehicles. The registration process will vary depending on whether you purchased your vehicle from a dealership or from an individual.
To apply for registration, you will need: the vehicle’s title, payment for the applicable fees, and a statement for the odometer disclosure. A sale bill might also be required in some cases.
If you don’t have the required documentation at the moment you present yourself at the DMV office, you will be issued a temporary registration certificate.
After establishing your residency in Vermont, you will get a grace period of 60 days during which you must register your car with the local DMV.
The following documents are necessary during the registration process:
- An auto insurance policy that meets the state’s minimum levels of coverage.
- A completed application for titling and registration.
- A recent odometer reading.
- Title of the car.
- If your title is in the possession of a lienholder, you’ll have to submit the address and name of the lienholder along with the car’s registration from the former state at a full-time DMV location.
- Proof of payment for vehicle taxes.
- The title of the vehicle mentioning the tax was paid or the registration certificates for the last three years.
- Vehicles you owned for more than 3 years are exempt.
- A VIN verification.
- Performed by a Vermont officer of law enforcement or by the agent designated by the DMV.
- Payment for the applicable registration fees.
Please note that after the registration you get a period of a maximum of 15 days to get your vehicle inspected.
How to Register a Car in Vermont
In Vermont, you can opt for a registration for one or two years. The registration process is slightly different based on how the vehicle was acquired: whether it was bought from a private individual, from a car dealership, or from overseas.
Registering a car bought from a dealer
Vermont dealerships take it upon themselves to submit the paperwork for the registration of your vehicle.
If you purchase a car from a dealership outside of Vermont, you will have to go at the local office of the DMV to register it in person. The registration process will differ depending on whether your car is used or new.
- For a new vehicle, you will have to submit an Origin Certificate issued by the manufacturer.
- For a used vehicle, you will have to submit the title signed over to you.
The following documents need to be presented at the DMV office:
- An automobile insurance policy.
- A completed application for the title, tax, and registration.
- The origin certificate for new cars, or the signed over title for used cars.
- Payment of the registration fees.
If the registration is for a used car purchased out of state, you will have to present the certificate of a VIN as well.
Registering car gifted or bought from a private individual
To get the vehicle you purchased from a private individual, or one that you received as a gift, registered with the DMV office, you should submit the following documents:
- An automobile insurance policy;
- A completed application for the title, tax, and registration;
- The title of the vehicle, signed-over in your name;
- The person that sold you the car must sign on the backside of the title certificate, in the section that assigns ownership, while mentioning your name in the line entitled “Transferred to”.
- The liens appearing on the title certificate have to be released.
- Title certificates issued by other states must be accompanied by a VIN verification certificate. The verification can be performed by an officer of Vermont law enforcement or by an agent designated by the DMV.
- Finally, you must pay the registration fees.
For vehicles received as a gift from a member of your immediate family, you do not have to pay a vehicle tax. However, you have to submit a form for tax exemption in addition to the documents listed above.
How to Register a Foreign Car in Vermont
The registration process for cars purchased abroad is different based on the state of the vehicle at the moment of purchase (whether it’s used or new), or on the fact that it was or wasn’t previously registered.
To complete the registration of a foreign vehicle, you should submit these documents at the DMV office:
- An automobile insurance policy issued by an agent renowned by the state of Vermont.
- A document proving the ownership of the vehicle (an origin certificate provided by the manufacturer – for new cars, a vehicle title issued by the former country, or a certificate of registration from the former area where the car was registered).
- A completed application for the tax, title, and registration.
- A statement for the odometer disclosure and a sale bill.
- The import documents that verify the conformity of the vehicle with the emissions standards of the state of Vermont.
- The VIN verification completed through an officer of Vermont law enforcement or through an agent designated by the DMV.
- Payment for the applicable registration fees.
Temporary Registration for Vehicles
You will have a 60-day temporary registration issued if:
- You are lacking the title certificate at the moment of registration.
- The VIN wasn’t checked and you can’t ask a DMV agent to get it verified because you don’t have the car with you.
- You haven’t provided a statement for the odometer disclosure and a sale bill.
- You want to apply for vanity plates and not for standard ones.
You will have to sign a form for the authorization of temporary plates that will officially announce you of the validity period of 60 days of the temporary registration. During this period, you have the obligation to submit the missing documentation at the local DMV office. If you fail to present yourself at the DMV office to complete the process, you will lose the submitted paperwork and you will have to restart the registration process, as the permanent registration won’t be issued.
When choosing vanity plates, keep in mind the plates and your permanent registration certificate will be mailed to you during the 60 days period. If you find yourself in one of these situations, you won’t get a temporary registration:
- You went to the DMV mobile office without having all the necessary documents.
- You were already issued one temporary registration and you failed in completing the process on time.
- You are trying to transfer plates that have expired already.
- You want to make changes onto the registration that would require a signature, a sale bill, or the title of the vehicle.
Fees for the vehicle registration
The fees for registration in Vermont vary depending on the registration period (either 1 or 2 years), and on the type of vehicle.
Vehicle Registration for Active Military Members in Vermont
Active military residents
Military veterans benefit from exemptions on registration taxes. To claim the exemption, they must follow the basic registration steps and send a statement from the VA (Veterans Administration)’s office.
Vermont’s residents stationed in other states can opt to register their vehicles in their current states, or contact the DMV office and learn the process of registering a car from another state.
Vermont stationed military members that reside in other states
Military members from other states can maintain their vehicle registration in their former state. They would need to register at the DMV in Vermont if they decide to take on residency in this state.
Car Inspections in Vermont
A safety inspection is mandatory annually for every vehicle registered in the state of Vermont. These inspections must be made at stations previously approved by the state.
The inspection dictates that an examination must be made for:
- Vehicles powered with gasoline newer than 1996.
- Vehicles powered with diesel newer than 1997.
Vehicles registered for the first time with the Vermont DMV get a period of 15 days to have their inspections done.
Vermont License Plates
A variety of plates are at your disposal at the DMV office, ranging from the standard model to vanity plates. When choosing vanity plates, you’ll receive a temporary registration for 60 days while they’re being created.
Replacing lost license plates
When you notice your plates start being damaged, or they go missing, you should have them replaced by submitting the following:
- An application for plate replacement.
- Payment of a fee of $12 for every plate.
- The application and the check must be mailed to the listed address from the application form.
Other Vermont Resources
Vermont.gov – official government website for the state of Vermont.
Vermont Wikipedia Page – everything you need to know about the state of Vermont.
University Of Vermont – The University of Vermont combines faculty-student relationships most commonly found in a small liberal arts college with the resources of a major research institution. The university is home to 10,459 undergraduates, 1,540 graduate students, 449 medical students and 1,471 full- and part-time faculty. Located in Burlington, Vermont (perennially voted one of America’s most exciting small cities), UVM‘s setting in a valley on the shores of Lake Champlain, between the Adirondack and the Green mountain ranges, inspires visitors and residents.
Vermont On Craigslist – local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events.
Reviews from Customers in Vermont
If anyone’s looking for auto transport, I very much recommend A1 Auto Transport. Great team! Great company!
I called them to get my Jeep to Vermont, and they pulled through on all levels. Joe, the one who answered my call, was knowledgeable, pleasant to speak to, and very professional. I took my time explaining my situation, and he did not interrupt. He answered my questions, laid out everything I needed to know, and gave me several options for my transportation.
I chose to ship my car with a covered truck for extra safety. It was scheduled to arrive in a couple days and was supposed to get to its destination in around 4-5 days. Great job on sticking to the schedule! The driver was on time on both fronts. I’m really grateful.
A1 Auto Transport is a very professional company with very competent people running it. I could not find a single fault with their methods.- Jose C.
Ww give A1 Auto Transport a big 10 out of 10! We chose them to move our car from Washington to Vermont, since we needed professionals.
We were abroad during the transport, so the transport was a bit tricky. The driver had to pick it up from storage on short notice and get it to its destination within at most 10 days. I was happy to note it arrived sooner. We got it 3 days early, right when we got home to pick it up. It made getting around way easier. Awesome service!- Patrick & Sophia L.
Auto Transport Services in Vermont
- Addison County
- Bennington County
- Caledonia County
- Chittenden County
- Essex Junction
- Franklin County
- Lamoille County
- Orange County
- Orleans County
- Rutland County
- South Burlington
- Washington County
- Windham County
- Windsor County