Shipping services are used every day for a variety of vehicles. Motorcycles are just one of the many vehicle types to be shipped through professionals. Transport companies provide incomparable security, affordability, and timeliness.
Delivering a motorcycle alone will eat away at your expenses and cause unnecessary damage.
Find a regarded transport company in Ventura to deliver your bike where it needs to go. Start your search for a transporter online, weeks before the shipping process would begin. Read any reviews and make comparisons between services, costs, and credibility. Call a few different transporters for quotes before purchasing shipping services.
How to Prepare a Bike for the Shipping Process.
- Wash the motorcycle so that no dirt or grime exists. You want the bike to be in its best possible condition before the shipping process.
- Check all fluids and top them off. Check the tire pressure as well.
- Only allow the fuel tank to be ¼ or less full for its transport.
- Take off any motorcycle accessories. This includes saddlebags. If crated shipping methods were chosen, you may need to remove the mirrors and handlebars.
- Disconnect the alarm system.
- Take pictures of any imperfections or damages. Make a list of the damages too. Some transport companies may ask for a copy of such documentation. Use the documentation for an inspection of the bike after its delivery.
By preparing the motorcycle, you are encouraging safety for all involved in its transport. Insurance coverage is also provided to all shipping customers. It is hard for some to believe the amount of security provided through professional shipping services.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.