- How To Ship Agricultural Equipment
- The Importance Of Preparing Your Agricultural Equipment
- Agricultural Equipment Shipping Services
- Contact A-1 Auto Transport For Agricultural Equipment Transport And Shipping Nationwide
How to Ship Agricultural Equipment
Perhaps the most important thing you can do to look after the safety of your agricultural equipment during a transport is hire a licensed and reputable shipping company. They'll follow all laws regarding farm equipment transport and have everything they need to conduct the transport safely. It's necessary to have the proper gear and training if you're going to offer these shipping services as a transporter.
The Importance of Preparing Your Agricultural Equipment
In order to ship farm equipment safely and keep those transporting farm equipment safe, you must prepare it for transport accordingly. When you properly prepare the agricultural equipment for the shipping process, you are assuring a smoother transport and create fewer risk factors.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Heavy Equipment Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Prepping your valuable agricultural machinery is one of the only responsibilities you'll have during the process of shipping.
- If your agricultural equipment needs to be packaged for its delivery, package it according to its manual. If you no longer own the manual, check the manufacturer's website or contact them for more information.
- Clean any debris and dirt off the farming equipment before the transport.
- Before you haul farm equipment, take photographs of their current conditions.
- Release any fluids and disconnect the battery for certain heavy agricultural machinery transport methods. The equipment transport services company will specify.
- Remove or secure any loose parts.
- Contact your insurance company to see if it is still covered under the insurance policy during the time of transport. Although, by law, all agricultural equipment and tractor transport services are required to carry a minimum amount of insurance protection.
- Cover and protect any parts that shouldn't have exposure to outdoor elements.
- Make sure that the agricultural machinery transport company has the right documentation and permits ready.
- Make sure you have plenty of room for the farm machinery to get picked up by the transporter's hauler.
Agricultural Equipment Shipping Services
- Shipping a bulldozer
- Shipping a combine
- Shipping a forklift
- Shipping a harvester
- Shipping a pontoon boat
- Shipping a tractor
- Shipping agricultural equipment
- Shipping an air drill
Contact A-1 Auto Transport For AGRICULTURAL EQUIPMENT TRANSPORT And Shipping Nationwide
Ready to get started shipping farm equipment with A-1 Auto Transport? Give us a call at (888) 230-9116 for more information about our farm equipment shipping services, or feel free to contact us online for a quote.