Tractor Hauling & Shipping | A-1 Auto Transport
If you’re looking for “tractor haulers and shippers near me,” you’ve come to the right place. At A-1 Auto Transport, we make it easy for you to move your tractors and other farm or construction equipment and machinery.
As an experienced tractor hauling and shipping provider, we work with hundreds of experienced shipping and logistics specialists all around the nation. Whether you need rush delivery of a single tractor, or you need to move an entire fleet of heavy-duty tractors to a new farm or agricultural area, our team is up to the task.
So don’t waste time looking for other “tractor haulers and shippers near me.” At A-1 Auto Transport, we’re ready to help you deliver your tractor to its destination – nationwide! With our affordable rates and guaranteed delivery timelines, you can trust us with your valuable equipment.
Shipping a Tractor
Most oversized tractors are shipped atop a flatbed trailer. The equipment is then secured using heavy duty fasteners, chains, straps and other shipping gear and technology. In some cases, the hauler pulling the trailer is then followed by security cars to assure cleared distance between the driver and other cars on the road at that time. A sign stating “oversize load” may also be on the back of the trailer to issue further warning.
Shipping a Tractor Internationally
With the widespread use of tractors in the agricultural industry, it is easy to find transport companies that offer international heavy equipment shipping services. As long as they have ships and the proper gear to secure the tractor, it can make its way overseas safely. Depending on the size and weight of the tractor, you may have several shipping options.
In most cases, your tractor will be shipped via the RO/RO or LO/LO method. These are both open air shipping services for international transports. RO/RO means that the tractor must drive onto the ship where it is secured. LO/LO is best for inoperable tractors. It requires a hydraulic lift to assist the tractor onto the ship by lifting it.
Another form of international delivery includes shipping the tractor inside a container. Of course, the tractor would have to meet the size and weight stipulations to use this method. However, if this method is an option for you, the tractor will need very specific preparation. This includes draining the fluids and disconnecting the battery along with removing loose parts. Make sure you prepare the tractor right or it may get denied container shipping when the day comes.
To lawfully ship your tractor internationally, it must meet the requirements of the nation’s import policy. This is difficult in most cases. The laws can be strict and hard to follow. Fortunately, your transport professionals will assist you with this process. They’ll help you gather the right documents and meet all requirements to gain Customs approval.
Tractor Haulers And Shippers Near You
If you need to send a tractor to a job site or farm, we know how important it is that your construction or agricultural machinery is shipped on-time and on-budget. Even a delay of a day or two can lead to cascading setbacks that put your job behind schedule – leading to further difficulties.
That’s why we focus on always shipping your tractors on time. At A-1 Auto Transport, we’ve built a reputation for integrity, reliability and customer service. We don’t make empty promises – we make guarantees.
That’s true of all of our services – including tractor hauling and shipping. When you get a quote from us, you don’t have to worry about hidden costs, late delivery, or any other complications. Your job will get done at the right time and at the right price.
So don’t trust just any shipping and logistics company with your valuable tractors and equipment. At A-1 Auto Transport, we’ve built a reputation for excellence. Learn more by contacting us now, and we can provide you with a quote for your tractor hauling and shipping needs.
How Much Will It Cost To Ship A Tractor?
Wondering how much it will cost to ship your tractor? The cost of shipping varies quite a bit based on your location, the type of equipment you’re shipping, and a number of other factors. Here are some of the things that usually influence the cost of shipping a construction or farm tractor.
- Size & dimensions – Smaller tractors are easier to maneuver, haul and ship. In contrast, larger tractors will be more bulky and difficult to ship, leading to higher overall shipping rates. This is particularly true if your tractor is large or bulky enough to require transportation as an oversize load.
- Weight – The weight of your shipping load has a large effect on the cost of shipping your tractor. Whether you’re shipping a single large tractor or multiple smaller vehicles, you’ll pay more for shipping depending on how heavy your load is.
- Open-air vs. container – Open-air shipping is the cheapest and simplest way to move your tractor(s). In this method of shipping, your tractor will simply be driven or loaded onto a flatbed trailer behind a semi truck. Then, it will be secured in place, and hauled to its destination. Your tractor will be exposed to the elements. Container shipping is also an option for most trucks. Your tractor(s) will be loaded into a standard, 40-foot multimodal shipping container. This option is typically more expensive, but has the advantage of protecting your equipment from the elements.
- Total shipping distance – As you may expect, the cost of shipping your tractor to a far-away destination across the country will be higher, compared to shipping it locally or within your state. However, the cost per mile of shipping your container a long distance is actually lower, compared to short hauls. While the overall cost of shipping your tractor will be lower, the cost of short haul delivery is usually higher per mile.
- Delivery deadlines – If you need rush delivery for a tractor to ensure you get your equipment quickly, you’ll have to pay for the extra fees and expenses associated with rush hauling. To save money, it’s best to plan ahead and ensure that you won’t need last-minute tractor hauling and shipping services.
For more information about the factors that affect the cost of hiring a tractor hauler and shipper – and to get a no-commitment quote – contact A-1 Auto Transport now.
Contact A-1 Auto Transport For Tractor Hauling And Shipping Nationwide
Ready to get started with A-1 Auto Transport? Give us a call at (800) 452-2880 for more information about our tractor hauling and shipping services, or feel free to contact us online for a quote.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.