Importing your vehicle from New York to California is something you will need a transport expert for. Things can go wrong even in the simplest of circumstances so if want reliable service, you will need to have a reliable company that knows the ins and outs of transporting to anywhere around the world.
Shipping a car from New York to California costs money and how much will be determined by a few factors. If you want to protect your vehicle, you will want to choose enclosed auto transport trailers. These are perfect for the luxury vehicles, classic vehicles, or sports vehicle of high value. While this method is certainly more expensive, it is worth it in order to protect your investment. Enclosed transport will also protect your vehicle from all weather elements as well as any conditions on the road.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Choosing open carrier for auto transportation.
Open trailers are another option if you don’t have to protect your investment as much. While it’s great to have a vehicle in an enclosed trailer, even brand new vehicles are transported by open carrier every time. While it may not protect your vehicle from weather elements and road conditions, your vehicle will be fine, when it reaches its destination.
The transport process takes on average between seven and ten days if you choose an open carrier. If you choose to transport in an enclosed trailer, it will take longer depending on if your vehicle is shipped by train or by a private broker.
Another factor that will determine the cost of shipping a car from New York to California is the total distance it takes. If the vehicle is running or not running will also be a determining factor. The fuel cost is a contributing factor that drivers must consider when quoting a price. You can expect to pay anywhere from $1000.00 to $1500.00. Open carrier quotes are more like $1200 – $1400 if going to San Diego, Sacramento, or San Francisco.
How is the Cost of Shipping Determined?
To determine the cost and give you a quote, the shipping agent will need to know the following:
- Your vehicle’s make.
- Your vehicle’s model.
- Any modifications that have been done or need to be done.
- Type of transport you are choosing to get your vehicle to California.
- Pick up location.
- Delivery location.
- The current rate of shipping.
- The season or time of the year (The cost is higher in the winter than it is in the summer due to the fact that many people are moving south during this season).
When speaking to your shipping agent, find out if they are giving you a quote based on a car shipping quote calculator or if their quote is manual, meaning that they do not use software to determine the quote. You want your shipping quote to be affordable and something that will work for everyone involved including the carrier. Prices should be fair.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?