If you need to ship your motorcycle internationally, there are a couple different options to do so. One popular method is via airfreight.
It is important to note that there are several significant differences when shipping a motorcycle in this manner.
For one, the cost of transport will most likely be significantly higher. This is due to less space available on a transport aircraft, coupled with the weight limits imposed. If you choose to ship via airline, you are required to have your motorcycle created in a container, so that also tends to be pricier.
Oftentimes, you are guaranteed delivery within a shorter timeframe than when using other methods of transport. So, if the price is no object when shipping your motorcycle, then shipping via airline or air freight may be a great option for you.
Unlike the traditional method of marine transport when shipping overseas which can fall victim to any number of hold-ups based on weather or otherwise, airfreight transport is much quicker. Compare the amount of time it takes to take a boat to Europe vs the amount of time it takes to fly there, the difference in timeframe is nearly insurmountable. Of course, as stated previously, this is part of the reason why the cost is so much greater, but if you have a strict deadline for transport, it may still be justifiable.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Additional Documentation Required.
Finally, when shipping internationally, regardless of method or manner of transport, you will need to complete additional documentation preparing for the export of import of your motorcycle. The SLI or Shipper’s Letter of Instruction is one of the most common documents you will be expected to complete prior to transport. If you have selected a reputable, reliable, and helpful transport company, they will be more than happy to assist you in this paperwork.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory