Vancouver is a coastal seaport in Canada. It is dense and one of the most ethnically diverse cities. Apart from verdant meadows, lakes and mountains, the city is a hub of culture, art and commerce. If you intend moving here for work, study or just relocating back to stay, you might need to have your own personal vehicle.
There are a few decisions that you must take when you want to ship any vehicle in the British Columbia. Situated in north-western coast of America, it is close to USA and can be reached through overland travel. It would be possible freight ship your vehicle from American west coast as British Columbian west coast faces Pacific Ocean and northern coast faces Gulf of Alaska. However, land shipping would be considered the most affordable and faster option.
If you decide to go by overland route, you can opt for the door-to-door service where the transport company will pick up your vehicle from your home directly and deliver it to your desired destination. Terminal-to-terminal and terminal-to-door where the pickup & drop off points are the terminals is another option. Besides, you are required to drive your vehicle to and from the terminals.
These are the two common shipping methods are used to transport the vehicle from USA to a city in Canada. You can opt for an enclosed truck where the covering protects the vehicle from any damage, uncertain weather. In the other method, your car will be transported on a multi-car carrier which is rather inexpensive. This is because there will be other vehicles and the shipping expenses are shared by all the vehicle owners. However, all vehicles have to pay the custom taxes and levies as per the Canada Border Services Agency.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click Here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping costs depends on many factors. For example terminal-to-terminal is less expensive than door-to-door service. Similarly, transporting in an open carrier is less expensive than in an enclosed truck. Besides, there are some more factors like gas mileage, custom taxes, fuels costs, size of your vehicle are considered.
Requirements of Shipping.
- Notification to the U.S Customs and Border Protection prior 72 hours of shipping vehicle since you will have to go through their checking before the vehicle leaves the country.
- A valid driving license for identity verification is must.
- Ownership proof and all necessary documentation including bill of the sale and original title of the vehicle.
- It is necessary to provide vehicle’s model number, year of manufacturing along with the vehicle’s unique serial number.
- One fourth gas tank must be filled in case the car is supposed to be driven, on & off the truck.
- No belongings of the owner should be left in the vehicle. Only legal documents must be there in the glove box.
- A single set of keys must be presented to drive the vehicle as and when needed while shipping.
- The vehicle must be equipped with all necessary features including 4 inflated tiers, working emergency brake and unlocked steering wheel.
- Before shipping or exporting vehicle, it must be examined properly. If the purpose is to let the car stay in Canada forever, you will have to pay for the import tax on the vehicle imposed by Canadian Customs.
To know the latest rules and regulations for shipping your vehicle to Vancouver, it is best to visit the Embassy of Canada.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.