Car Shipping Tonga
Shipping Vehicles to or from Tonga
The Kingdom of Tonga is a sovereign state, comprised of more than a hundred and fifty islands that span well over seven hundred thousand kilometers. If you have plans of enjoying the tropical climate on Tonga islands for an extended period, you may interest in having your vehicle imported to make traveling throughout the area easier.
Exporting a vehicle into Tonga can seem challenging, but when you leave it up to the experts like A-1 Auto Transport we can ensure that your vehicle makes it to its destination in a timely fashion and in one piece.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Tonga
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Nuku'alofa||$200||$3,200||5+20|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Nuku'alofa||$350||$3,200||5+20|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Nuku'alofa||$400||$3,500||5+22|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Nuku'alofa||$550||$3,200||6+20|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Nuku'alofa||$575||$3,500||6+22|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Nuku'alofa||$675||$3,500||6+22|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Nuku'alofa||$700||$3,500||6+22|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Nuku'alofa||$775||$3,200||7+20|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Nuku'alofa||$925||$3,500||7+22|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Nuku'alofa||$1,025||$3,200||7+20|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Vehicle Requirements for Entering Tonga
All new and used vehicles entering Tonga must comply with government regulations To ensure that the vehicle meets those requirements, all automobiles entering the island must undergo a certification process. During this phase, the importer must provide documentation showing that the vehicle meets government approved safety standards. For instance, all imported automobiles must have a correct odometer reading and vehicles with at least nine passenger seating must comply with frontal impact safety standards.
Vehicles imported into Tonga must also undergo a physical inspection to make sure that the vehicle that it’s components meets standard safety requirements.
Customs Charges and Tariff Duty
In Tonga, motor vehicles aren’t subject to tariff duties. However, ambulances and mobile homes are the exceptions. Customs charges are calculated based on the market value of the vehicle overseas. It also includes insurance costs and vehicle registration fees.
Motor vehicles are also subject to goods and services tax (GST) which is 15%. GST is based on the customs value of the vehicle, the shipping fees, and insurance costs.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Tonga
- Bill of Lading
- Invoice that shows the price of the vehicle and the year it was bought
- Registration papers
- Odometer at the time of importation
Protecting Your Vehicle
Tongan custom’s department advises against packing personal belongings in an imported vehicle for several reasons:
- During the times your vehicle is not containerized which is while it’s awaiting shipment or collection, your belongings will be susceptible to theft.
- Also, the shipper has to account for everything that is inside of the vehicle when it arrives at Custom’s department
Motor vehicles entering Tonga may qualify for concessionary entry based on the following criteria:
- If the imported vehicles is for personal use and not financial gain.
- If you have permanent residency documents on the date of importation.
- If you complete a written undertaking that indicates that you are responsible for Customs fees if the vehicle is sold or disposed of within two years of the importation date.
- If you have used and owned the vehicle for at least a year before your departure.
- If you’ve resided in Tonga or New Zealand at least 21 months before your arrival.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Tonga
If you are seeking the most reputable, reliable overseas transport company around, look no further than A1 Auto Transport. We can ship basically any type of oversized cargo or heavy equipment out of the U.S. to any nation of your choice including Tonga. With our access to quality transport haulers and equipment as well as our ability to make use of the most modern shipping technologies, there is absolutely no reason to have concern over the safe and timely arrival of your cargo in Tonga. Matter of fact, for nearly 30 years we have been shipping large and heavy cargo of all types to their destinations all over the planet.
Some of types of oversized and heavy equipment we have shipped and are capable of shipping again include…
- Farm Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Paving Equipment
- Pontoon Boats
- Construction Equipment
- Motor Graders
- Dump Trucks
- Large Trucks or Heavy Vehicles
- Engineering Equipment
- Agricultural Equipment and more…
Our Most Popular Ways to Ship Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo Overseas
With A1 Auto Transport, you have a bunch of different international shipping options at your disposal. Below are some of the more common overseas transport methods we like to offer our customers shipping heavy equipment and oversized cargo to Tonga.
- The Lift On/Lift Off method of transport, otherwise known as the LoLo shipping method, uses a crane to pick up and place your construction materials, inoperable vehicle, or crated cargo on the boat.
- The Roll On/Roll Off method of transport, otherwise known as the RoRo shipping method, is the most cost efficient and affordable option. This open air service requires your vehicle to be operable so it can use a ramp to get on and off the cargo ship. There may be a 15ft height restriction to use this method.
- The Flat Rack shipping method secures your cargo to an open sided and open top shipping container which basically resembles a metal frame.
- Container shipping is the safest overseas shipping method. It offers the most protection from the inclement weather since your cargo is protected within the container by its walls and ceiling. Unavoidably, this is the most expensive option but it’s only available to you if your heavy cargo fits into a 40ft container.
The Tonga and New Zealand government are in correlation with each other. Both countries share custom regulations.