San Pedro Town is a city which has its location in the southern part of the Ambergris Caye Island of Belize. It is by far the second largest city in the District of Belize. It was granted a status of a town back in 1984 – up until then it was a fishing village.
If you intend to move to San Pedro Town for work, you will certainly benefit from having your own personal vehicle imported. With this in mind, the first thing that you should be considering is talking with a reliable shipping agency with a lot of experience in shipping to Belize. A1 Auto Transport has over 20 years of experience in shipping private and commercial vehicle internationally. With a wide range of different services, we are definitely here to ensure that the entire process is seamless and hassle free. From completing the legal formalities in USA before it is shipped to unloading and clearing customs in Belize, we’ll be there is every step of the way.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Things to Account For.
The truth is that there are quite a lot of procedures to go through as well as a lot of paperwork to get verified by the Customs and Excise Department of Belize before you are given the right to drive off with your vehicle. To begin with, you will need to prove that you are the actual owner of the car and submit your passport and driver’s license to properly determine and verify your identity. Other documents include:
- Original invoice of purchase which has information such as VIN, number of chasses, mode, year and make of the car.
- License plates
- Emission certificates.
- Title deed clear of liens – if there is a lien a written authorization from the holder is necessary.
In the majority of cases, the import process will take about two weeks if everything goes as planned. However, the truth is that delays are not uncommon and this is why you need to discuss all the details with your transporter. Once the duties and customs taxes have been paid, you will have your vehicle handed to you.
The total shipping cost is going to be based on the method that you select, the fee of the shipping company as well as the taxes that you have to pay based on the CIF value of the car. Additionally, there are 2 shipping methods that you can choose from:
- Container shipping – this particular method involves your car to be stored within a sealed container and shipped like this. It’s convenient and it provides a lot of safety. What is more, you can choose between a 20ft and a 40ft container if you need to load it with other belongings.
- RORO shipping – this is a method which would require you to get your vehicle on a shipping deck by its own wheels where it would be safely strapped and secured. This is the cheapest and quickest water-bound method but you can’t ship anything but your car.
You can always contact the Embassy of Belize in Washington, DC in order to get additional information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?