Ship Your Car To Or From Poland.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most auto shipments to Poland from the United States cost $2,900 to $4,600.
- Factors that can increase the total cost are the type and size of vehicle, where it is being shipped from, and what method of transport is being used.
When exporting a vehicle to Poland, certain requirements and specifications must be met in order for a successful transaction to occur. As is commonplace with shipments to any other country, there is paperwork to be filled out, documents to send in, and fees to be taken care of. For more information regarding the costs acquired by shipping a car overseas, be sure to thoroughly read this article on the matter.
It is also important to take into account the weather conditions of the country. Poland has a climate that can best be described as maritime and at times, continental, depending on one’s location within the country. While winters are often harsh, cold, and snowy, often dipping below freezing temperatures, the summers are warm yet relatively mild. Summer is often considered the best time to travel to Poland.
As always, it would be beneficial to gain knowledge regarding the weather patterns of the country to understand any shipping delays that may occur. It is feasible to travel and import goods year-round to Poland, especially considering that the coastline, where your car will be transported, features a mild climate.
It is easy to navigate through and have positive relations with a country like Poland, which has risen from a history of oppression to a stable and welcoming community.
Poland is benefitting from a steady increase of tourism, so their customs and laws regarding moving and shipping into the country are strong and efficient.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Poland.
- Registration from country of origin.
- Vehicle purchase invoice.
- Proof of ownership.
- Residence permit.
- Declaration (if vehicle is used)
- Inventory list.
Visit the Poland Customs Page for more information regarding this matter. Be sure to reference this page to better understand any limitations and/or restrictions you may face upon moving or transporting goods such as automobiles to Poland.
Keep in mind that the banks in Poland are closed on both Saturdays and Sundays, as is common in most European countries.
Any external or non-permanent parts of your automobile should be removed prior to shipment, as they may cause problems during a long delivery process. Many companies will also ask you to completely clean out the inside of the vehicle; this is especially true if you choose to use a RoRo transport service (more on that soon).
Furthermore, be sure to steam-clean the inside of your vehicle prior to departure so that your vehicle will not be quarantined before being shipped. This will speed up the delivery process, as the shipping company you choose will not have to move your vehicle to a quarantine facility, a cleaning facility, and back to the shipping facility. Bypassing these lengthy procedures will ensure a faster delivery process, and provide a smaller chance of damage to your vehicle.
Be sure to remove all air-conditioning gases from your vehicle as well.
If you are unsure about the eligibility of your vehicle’s shipping status, refer to Title 19 of the U.S. Code Of Federal Regulations.
Automobile Transportation Methods To Poland.
- Roll On/Roll Off (Ro-Ro) Shipping: This is the most common method of transportation that the majority of customers choose to transport their vehicles. This is a method of sea shipping where vehicles are driven on and off carrier ships using their own wheels. Ro-Ro sea vessels are equipped with ramps that aid in the process of driving vehicles on and off the ship. Essentially, it is a method of shipping that is best for any item that has wheels or can be safely placed on and off wheels. It is the most convenient and cost-effective way of getting your vehicle to Poland.
- Container Car Shipping: This is a popular shipping method choice for those who want to send some of their personal items along with their cars to Poland. The vehicle is either collected at one’s home or is delivered to a depot. Depending on whichever price point is more desirable, customers can choose private containers, which usually run 20ft or 40ft in size, and use the leftover space to pack personal items in, or customers may choose to share containers with someone else’s vehicle. This is a slightly more expensive method, as more safety checkpoints and procedures must be met.
- Car Transportation: This is a land-based and land-locked method of shipping, so it generally takes the greatest amount of time. Cars are insured and routinely inspected throughout the trip, but they must wait for a pending shipping date to Poland before they begin their journey.
Keep in mind, the vehicle must somehow be transported to a U.S. shipping port before it can begin preparations for shipment to another country like Poland. In certain cases, you may be allowed to drive your vehicle to a local port; this will help you cut back on any further expenses.
Upon Arrival In Poland.
Once you arrive at your final destination, there are certain procedures that need to be taken care of regarding the safe arrival of your vehicle into the country.
- Pay the appropriate customs duty as well as all taxes and fees associated with the shipment.
- Have modifications applied and tested if necessary.
- Apply for identification plate registration and approval with the Bangladeshi government.
Once you arrive, it would certainly be in your favor to acquire more information regarding driving rules and regulations in Poland.
- Driving in Poland: You’ll want to know what the traffic and driving rules of Poland are as quickly as possible. Roads are generally well maintained in this country. The only exceptions are when roads are shared with classic dual carriageway systems, which is truly uncommon in the modern world.
- Driver’s License: You may need an International Driver’s License if you are not from a country that is a part of the European Union.
Any further questions and concerns you may have can be directed to the U.S. Embassy in Poland.
Related Information & FAQs.
- Take advantage of international transport services and ship your car to Poland
- What is the average cost of shipping a car to Poland?
- Is it best to ship my car to Poland from the US through an overseas transporter?
- The cost of shipping a car from the USA to Poland with the most secure transport service
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?