Krakow is the oldest and the second largest of Polish cities. Situated on the banks of Vistula River or Wistula in Polish, it is a part of the Lesser Region in the country.
This city boasts of a history dating back to seventh century. Krakow is the artistic, cultural, and academic focal point of Poland besides being a crucial economic hub. Poland enjoys mild, warm summers while the winters are snowy and cold.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Processing the shipment.
You can ship your car to Krakow, but to start with you need to complete and submit certain documents to the Customs department in Poland. Some of the essential papers are:
- US-vehicle registration.
- Title and passport.
- Purchase invoice of the vehicle.
- Ownership proof.
- Residence permit.
The bank remains closed during the weekends, so you will need to ensure that you have the cash ready if the vehicle is coming through over the weekend. You will need to follow certain procedures when your vehicle arrives in Poland. This involves payment of customs duties along with shipment fees and taxes. Whenever necessary you will need to apply for and test vehicle modifications, especially as Poland is a part of European Union and requires adherence to environment and emission standards. You also need to put in an application for government approval with registration of identification plate.
Shipping details to Poland.
After arrival in Krakow, proactively seek out information regarding the regulation and driving rules in Poland. Before shipping do a thorough cleaning of the inside of your car. Ideally go for steam cleaning. This will prevent quarantine at the port. Otherwise, the customs will send your car to cleaning services followed by a trip back to shipping facility. It is possible to bypass the lengthy procedures easily to ensure fast process of delivery with highly reduced chance of vehicular damage. There are two major shipping methods prevalent for importing your cars to Poland. These are:
- Roll on-Roll off Method: in this case, the car will get on board the deck of the ship on wheels. There the shipping agency will keep it chained for the remainder of the journey. Upon reaching the destination, it will again come down the ramp of the ship and travel to your home or anywhere else, you require. This is the cheaper method of the two where you cannot keep anything inside the vehicle.
- Container shipping method: one can transport vehicle in any one of the two different container sizes. These are 20 feet and 40 feet. Slightly expensive than the RORO, this is best suited for collectable and sophisticated vehicles. An added advantage of this method of transport is that you can keep additional things within for taking to Poland. You can either take the whole container or divide the space with another vehicle and share the costs as well.
To know other aspects of shipping vehicle to Krakow, you can contact the Embassy of Poland, which will help you know more about the eligibility, limitation and restriction.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory