Wroclaw is the biggest city in Poland, situated on the Oder River. With the backdrop of the Sudeten Mountains and about 220 miles from the Baltic Sea, the city houses the headquarters and offices of multi-national corporations. Thus, employment opportunities abound and there are many expatriates that call Wroclaw home.
If you are moving here to work or to study, it is extremely convenient to import your own vehicle from USA.
Importing your vehicle to Wroclaw.
However, there are plenty of documents to submit, weather conditions in Poland to consider, red tape to bypass, pay fees and other regulations to adhere to. It is better to ship in summers as winters are very cold and delays can happen.
You have the choice of shipping with container shipping or by Roll-on/Roll-Off (RORO). These are the most commonly used ways of freight shipping. If you have a limited budget, then RORO works for you as you only have to pay for the space occupied by your vehicle. However, this option comes with plenty of limitations including:
- No personal items within the car.
- Removal of air conditioning gas.
- Quarter tank of fuel.
- Car jack, floor mats and spare keys are left within the vehicle.
- Steam clean the vehicle before shipping.
The Container shipping method has an extra layer of protection as the vehicle is secured within 20 feet or 40 feet container. As you need to hire the container, you are allowed to put your household goods within the container alongside the vehicle. However, this is more expensive
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Important documents to submit.
For a vehicle to enter Wroclaw legally, it is important to know Polish import laws to get all the pertinent documents submitted and verified. These documents include:
- Title deed.
- Resident or work permit.
- Bill of Lading.
- Vehicle Purchase invoice.
- Owner’s passport.
- Driving license.
You need to have the import declaration that informs the Polish Customs department about the fact that you have already owned and used the said vehicle in USA for over 6 months.
As Gdynia is the major port, your vehicle will be received here and then driven across to Wroclaw after the custom taxes have been cleared. As per law, returning citizens and diplomats are exempted from all import related taxes as the vehicle is considered part of the household items.
Additionally, as Poland is part of EU, the levies and custom duties are assessed on the same level. On an average, there is 10% standard custom levy on all vehicle imports and 23% VAT. There is an additional Border Tax that varies depending upon the engine capacity. You can contact the Embassy of Poland to know more about the Embassy of Republic of Poland.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?