Ship Your Car To Or From The Philippines
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Generally speaking, it costs between $2,500 and $4,000 to ship a car to the Philippines from the U.S., though there are factors that can push the cost slightly higher.
- One such concern is that there are import taxes when you bring a car into the country, which can sometimes equal or surpass the value of the vehicle.
Do you want to export your car to the Philippines? It can be done without a hassle if you know what the process entails.
Popular Shipping Destinations
- Cagayan de Oro
- Cebu City
- Davao City
- Quenzon City
- Zamboanga City
Things to Know Before Shipping a Car to the Philippines
It is important to note that all vehicles imported into the Philippines are subject to any applicable taxes or duty fees. These are due at the time of import, and you will be required to pay the shipping company these duty fees and taxes before shipping your car.
Charges on Philippine Imports and Foreign Shipment
If the car is transported in a non-containerized vessel, the import charges are: P$30.55 (per revenue ton).
For transshipment on a Government-owned wharf, the Port Authority applies a single charge per metric or revenue ton. This is payable by the shipping agent. For a car, it would be $0.694 per ton, with a minimum charge of P$10.00.
Next, take note of key documents the car owner must be able to show at customs when the car arrives.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To The Philippines
- Import authority permit
- The vehicle owner’s passport (with arrival and departure dates)
- Bill of Sale or valid proof of purchase
- Vehicle registration
- An engine number
- Commercial sale invoice
It is helpful if you are present at the port when the cargo wharf arrives because your car can be searched by customs.
Restrictions on Shipping Cars to the Philippines
If you are wanting to ship a privately owned vehicle to the Philippines, you must first obtain a special import Authority permit. This is available through the Philippine Bureau of Import Service and is only available from within the country.
Only left-hand drive (LHD) vehicles are allowed in the Philippines. Philippine law “RA 8406” strictly bans the import of right-hand drive (RHD) vehicles.
Vehicle Possession Restrictions for Car Imports to the Philippines
Before you are granted this permit, you must have lived outside the Philippines for at least a year. For cars newer than three years old, the car must be in your possession for at least six months before arriving in the Philippines. For cars older than three years old, the car must be in your possession for at least one year prior to import. Cars older than five years cannot be imported to the Philippines.
There is a limit of one car per family in the Philippines.
Interesting fact: Right-hand traffic was introduced to the Philippines on March 10, 1945. This happened to be the last day of the Battle of Manila. Before this date, all traffic was on the left side. Today, all road traffic in the Philippines is on the right side of the road.
Related Information & FAQs
- Hire an international transport company to ship your car from the US to the Philippines
- The cost of shipping a car to the Philippines
- Is the RORO shipping a safe way to ship your car to the Philippines?
- What is the safest way to ship my car to the Philippines?
- What should I know before shipping a used car to the Philippines?
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?