Manila is the capital of the Philippines and is the center for politics and economics. With about 2 million inhabitants, Manila is the second most populous place in the country. With beautiful architecture, the Manila Bay shoreline, and l lots to do, the city is a great place to live and work.
To get around the large city, public transportation in the form of buses and taxis is available. However, if one is not able to speak the language or has difficulties with the currency, it will be especially useful to have a personal vehicle available. Shipping a personal vehicle to anywhere in the Philippines isn’t that difficult as long as directions are followed.
Documentation Needed for Shipment
With any vehicle shipment outside of the United States, there will be specific documentation that will have to be presented to Customs. For the Philippines, this documentation may include the following.
- Title and vehicle registration
- Proof of purchase
- Receipt for paid duties
- License or picture ID
- Motor Vehicle Inspection Report
- Certificate of Release signed by Commissioner at Customs
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Along with the necessary documentation, requirements also need to be met. The vehicle owner should contact the Embassy of the Philippines to determine these requirements considering they may change at any time. However, below you will find the what is typically asked for when it comes to vehicle shipment to the country.
- The vehicle must undergo clearance through the Philippine National Police.
- All duties must be paid in full.
- Approval through the Bureau of Customs.
What Shipping Methods are Available?
There are three different shipping methods available for vehicle shipment outside of the U.S. These include RO/RO shipping, container shipping, and air shipping. Below, you will find descriptions for each one.
- Air shipping isn’t typically an option for everyone. It is very expensive and not many are able to afford this form of shipment.
- RO/RO shipping is the roll on, roll off method and it requires the vehicle to remain empty with the exception of floor mats, a car jack, and a spare tire. This is the cheapest form of shipment.
- Container shipping allows a person to ship other items too. The container will contain the vehicle and any other possessions. Even the vehicle can be filled with belongings. Another individual is allowed to share the container space with you which should help ease the costs of shipment.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory