Manila is the capital of the Philippines and is the center for politics and economics. With about 2 million inhabitants, Manila is the second most populous place in the country. With beautiful architecture, the Manila Bay shoreline, and l lots to do, the city is a great place to live and work.
To get around the large city, public transportation in the form of buses and taxis is available. However, if one is not able to speak the language or has difficulties with the currency, it will be especially useful to have a personal vehicle available. Shipping a personal vehicle to anywhere in the Philippines isn't that difficult as long as directions are followed.
Documentation Needed for Shipment
With any vehicle shipment outside of the United States, there will be specific documentation that will have to be presented to Customs. For the Philippines, this documentation may include the following.
- Title and vehicle registration
- Proof of purchase
- Receipt for paid duties
- License or picture ID
- Motor Vehicle Inspection Report
- Certificate of Release signed by Commissioner at Customs
Along with the necessary documentation, requirements also need to be met. The vehicle owner should contact the Embassy of the Philippines to determine these requirements considering they may change at any time. However, below you will find the what is typically asked for when it comes to vehicle shipment to the country.
- The vehicle must undergo clearance through the Philippine National Police.
- All duties must be paid in full.
- Approval through the Bureau of Customs.
What Shipping Methods are Available?
There are three different shipping methods available for vehicle shipment outside of the U.S. These include RO/RO shipping, container shipping, and air shipping. Below, you will find descriptions for each one.
- Air shipping isn't typically an option for everyone. It is very expensive and not many are able to afford this form of shipment.
- RO/RO shipping is the roll on, roll off method and it requires the vehicle to remain empty with the exception of floor mats, a car jack, and a spare tire. This is the cheapest form of shipment.
- Container shipping allows a person to ship other items too. The container will contain the vehicle and any other possessions. Even the vehicle can be filled with belongings. Another individual is allowed to share the container space with you which should help ease the costs of shipment.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.