Vehicle Shipment to Cebu City from the United States
Cebu City is located on the eastern shore of Cebu Island in the Philippines. About 80% of the country’s domestic shipping companies are in the city. It is also the home of the main domestic shipping port. Cebu City happens to be the oldest city in the Philippines and it is a wonderful place to reside.
If you are going to live in Cebu City, or intend on being there for any extended length of time, have a vehicle shipped over so that you have your own transportation. Shipping a vehicle to the Philippines isn’t as difficult as it might be in other countries.
The Shipping Methods Available
There are two common forms of vehicle shipment. Most people choose between RO/RO shipping and container shipping. Air shipping is an option but it is typically too expensive for anyone to take advantage of. So, what is the difference between RO/RO and container shipping?
RO/RO shipping is simple and it is the cheapest. The vehicle must be free of anything other than floor mats, a car jack, and a spare tire. It is then rolled on to the ship as well as off of the ship.
Container shipping is when the vehicle is placed inside a very large container. The vehicle may be filled with belongings approved by Philippines Customs, as well as the remaining container space.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Contact the Embassy of the Philippines if vehicle shipment is something you have decided to do. They will give you the most recent requirements for vehicle shipment, as they are subject to change at any time.
- The vehicle must be under ten years of age.
- All duties must be paid and a receipt will be needed.
- The vehicle must undergo clearance from the Philippine National Police and their Traffic Management Group.
- A person will need their title, vehicle registration, license, passport, proof of purchase, and proof of insurance.
- A copy of the re-export bond will be necessary if applicable.
After everything has been addressed and your vehicle is on its way, make sure that you keep track of where your vehicle is during shipment. On the day of your vehicle’s due arrival, you must be present at the appropriate port for its pickup.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?