Ship Car To Nakhon Ratchasima
Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Being one of the four major cities in Thailand, Nakhon Ratchasima is the current capital of the Nakhon Ratchasima Province. It’s also the main city in this particular metropolitan area. The truth is that without the required knowledge and documents, importing a vehicle into Thailand could be rather overwhelming.
This is why it’s advisable to contract a shipping company like A1 Auto Transport as they have over 20 years of experience. The first thing that you’d need to determine is whether you are importing the car permanently or on a temporary basis. If you are going to keep it in the country for less than 6 months, the temporary process might be more appropriate.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You’d need to make a bank guarantee or an according cash deposit in case the vehicle doesn’t get re-exported within the allowed time period of 6 months. No other custom duties or taxes would be imposed. With this being said, if the car is exported within this particular time frame, the deposit would be returned. Some of the required documents:
- Declaration of Special goods in 5 copies.
- Registration of the vehicle.
- International Driver’s License.
- Application form.
- Invoice of commerce.
- Contract for re-exportation.
- The owner of the car or authorized shipping agent has to provide the aforementioned documents to the Customs.
- The Thailand Customs Authority is going to check the documents and assign a number of declarations. After this the total amount of taxes and duties is calculated.
- The important or the agent submits the cash deposit or the guarantee which covers the aforementioned calculated amount.
- The importer then presents the Customs with proof of the guarantee.
- The Customs Authority would then inspect the vehicle and gives one of the 5 copies of the Goods Declaration to the owner.
There are a lot of different policies which are going to apply for new and for used cars. The most important one of them is the requirement of an Import Permit for used vehicles. This is issued by the Foreign Trade department of the Ministry of Commerce and has to be presented prior to the shipping.
- Declaration of Import Goods with 3 additional copies.
- Bill of Lading.
- Invoice of Commerce.
- Release order.
- Invoice for insurance.
- House Certificate as well as an ID Card for used cars.
- Registration of car for used cars.
- Import permit for used cars.
- Submission of the above documents to the Customs.
- Customs are going to check the documents and assign a respective Declaration number, after which calculate the amount of taxes and duties.
- The importer has to pay the taxes.
- The importer shows the proof of payment to the Customs.
There are a lot of documents which are required and it would be best if you go ahead and contract a reputable car shipping service. This would make this seemingly complicated process a lot easier.
You can import cars with container shipping and RO/RO. The first one involves your car being safely stored within a private container and you’d also get the chance to ship additional belongings. The second option involves your vehicle to be driven on the shipping deck of carrier ship on its own wheels. This might be the faster way to go but the container shipment offers more safety and that’s why it’s also more expensive.