Shipping A Car To Mauritania
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Average car shipping costs to Mauritania from the U.S. are from $2,000 to $4,700.
- Larger vehicles such as trucks and SUVs generally cost slightly more to ship than standard sized vehicles.
Whether you have a new job or you just need to take a few months off for a break, Mauritania is your next place to travel too. Situated panoramically in Western Africa, it shares its borders with Mali, Western Sahara, Senegal, and Algeria while bound by the Atlantic Ocean on the west.
Though Exporting your vehicle from US to Africa can sound difficult, if you get it all organized and find a good shipping company to transport your vehicle, it can be done easily.
Shipping your Car Overseas From The United States
When shipping your car overseas to Mauritania, you will need to make sure that the:
- Car is clean on the inside. That means that after it passes inspection you will need to clean it out and remove any child car seats, jumper cables, and any other automotive parts that are not mounted in the car.
- Your vehicle will need to be approved by customs. This needs to be done before it is allowed to be loaded onto the ship.
- You must be present during the inspection to answer questions and to sign the necessary paperwork.
- Once your vehicle has been approved, you will be allowed on the ship with it.
- If you are using the Roll on/Roll off method of transportation, a gate will be lowered for you to drive your vehicle onto the ship, park and secure it for transit.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Ports in Mauritania
The ports that travel from the United States to Mauritania include Port of New York, Port of Los Angeles, and Port of Savannah.
There are two standard shipping options for shipping vehicles to a different country. Roll On/Roll Off services are available and the most frequently used. The vehicle is basically driven onto the ship once it has passed inspection. It requires the vehicle to be empty and devoid of any personal goods. The only items allowed inside the car are jack, spare tire and floor mats. It will be driven onto an enclosed deck where it will be fastened and secured so it doesn’t move while in transit. The next option is the container option. This option offers you to put the car inside secured 20 feet or 40 feet closed containers on the deck of the ship while in transit. Your vehicle will be placed inside of a container where it will stay until reaching the port and driven off.
In order to ship a car from US port to the closest port in Mauritania, remember that all new cars are dutiable. There are a few documents that you will be responsible for (see below).
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Mauritania
- Documents pertaining to year, make, model and color of the car
- Vehicle Identification Number
- License Plate Number currently on your vehicle
- Proof of purchase
- Bill of Lading
- Copy of Social Security number
- Copy of passport of the owners
- Copy of driver’s license
- Insurance documents and proof
Preparation for inspection and Custom clearance
To prepare for your inspection, make sure that you have the necessary paperwork filled out and all the forms signed appropriately. It’s important that all paperwork is done before you have the inspection done so your inspection will go more smoothly and customs will have everything they need to transport your vehicle. If you don’t have all the paperwork filled out or if the inspection goes wrong, your vehicle will not be allowed to transport until the issue is cleared up. This can cause weeks of delays that you may not be able to afford if you are relocating or have spent money scheduling appointments and/or interviews. It’s important that you make your trip on schedule. Ensure that you or someone is there with the required documents to unload the vehicle off the ship and pay the needed import duties and other taxes.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto TodayGet an Instant Free Quote Now
Or Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and speak to directly to our sales team!