Shipping A Car To Mauritania
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Average car shipping costs to Mauritania from the U.S. are from $2,000 to $4,700.
- Larger vehicles such as trucks and SUVs generally cost slightly more to ship than standard sized vehicles.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Mauritania
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Nouadhibou||$200||$4,500||5+29|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Nouadhibou||$350||$4,500||5+29|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Nouadhibou||$550||$4,500||6+29|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Nouadhibou||$575||$4,300||6+20|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Nouadhibou||$675||$4,300||6+20|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Nouadhibou||$700||$4,300||6+20|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Nouadhibou||$775||$4,500||7+29|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Nouadhibou||$925||$4,300||7+20|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Nouadhibou||$1,025||$4,500||7+29|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Nouadhibou||$1,075||$4,300||7+20|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Whether you have a new job or you just need to take a few months off for a break, Mauritania is your next place to travel too. Situated panoramically in Western Africa, it shares its borders with Mali, Western Sahara, Senegal, and Algeria while bound by the Atlantic Ocean on the west.
Though Exporting your vehicle from the US to Africa can sound difficult, if you get it all organized and find a good shipping company to transport your vehicle, it can be done easily.
Shipping your Car Overseas From The United States
When shipping your car overseas to Mauritania, you will need to make sure that the:
- The car is clean on the inside. That means that after it passes inspection you will need to clean it out and remove any child car seats, jumper cables, and any other automotive parts that are not mounted in the car.
- Your vehicle will need to be approved by customs. This needs to be done before it is allowed to be loaded onto the ship.
- You must be present during the inspection to answer questions and to sign the necessary paperwork.
- Once your vehicle has been approved, you will be allowed on the ship with it.
- If you are using the Roll on/Roll off method of transportation, a gate will be lowered for you to drive your vehicle onto the ship, park and secure it for transit.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Ports in Mauritania
The ports that travel from the United States to Mauritania include Port of New York, Port of Los Angeles, and Port of Savannah.
There are two standard shipping options for shipping vehicles to a different country. Roll On/Roll Off services are available and the most frequently used. The vehicle is basically driven onto the ship once it has passed inspection. It requires the vehicle to be empty and devoid of any personal goods. The only items allowed inside the car are jack, spare tire, and floor mats. It will be driven onto an enclosed deck where it will be fastened and secured so it doesn’t move while in transit. The next option is the container option. This option offers you to put the car inside secured 20 feet or 40 feet closed containers on the deck of the ship while in transit. Your vehicle will be placed inside of a container where it will stay until reaching the port and driven off.
In order to ship a car from US port to the closest port in Mauritania, remember that all new cars are dutiable. There are a few documents that you will be responsible for (see below).
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Mauritania
- Documents pertaining to year, make, model and color of the car
- Vehicle Identification Number
- License Plate Number currently on your vehicle
- Proof of purchase
- Bill of Lading
- Copy of Social Security number
- Copy of passport of the owners
- Copy of driver’s license
- Insurance documents and proof
Preparation for inspection and Custom clearance
To prepare for your inspection, make sure that you have the necessary paperwork filled out and all the forms signed appropriately. It’s important that all paperwork is done before you have the inspection done so your inspection will go more smoothly and customs will have everything they need to transport your vehicle. If you don’t have all the paperwork filled out or if the inspection goes wrong, your vehicle will not be allowed to transport until the issue is cleared up. This can cause weeks of delays that you may not be able to afford if you are relocating or have spent money scheduling appointments and/or interviews. It’s important that you make your trip on schedule. Ensure that you or someone is there with the required documents to unload the vehicle off the ship and pay the needed import duties and other taxes.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Mauritania
Everything we do at A-1 Auto Transport is about delivering your heavy equipment and/or oversized cargo from the United States to Mauritania ON TIME. Transporting freight can be a complicated endeavor since there is a lot to consider when shipping across international waters. With A-1 in your corner, that of which is complicated becomes streamlined. Our hands on approach in making sure you are absolutely satisfied with the service we provide is paramount. And we will go to the limit to ensure a positive experience.
We have decades of experience shipping out of the United States and are confident that we’d have a catered shipping solution for you. We ship everything big under the sun, including:
- boom lifts
- construction equipment
- crawler loaders
- farm equipment
- heavy trucks
- industrial plant equipment
- motor graders
- scissor lifts
What Are My Shipping Options?
At A-1, we use the industry standard shipping practices in getting your oversized and/or large freight to Mauritania. One of the most common and inexpensive ways to transport your cargo is by the RoRo (Roll On/Roll Off) method. Reserved for wheeled, self propelled vehicles it provides the most simplistic approach in transport. Using the ship’s hull, your vehicle is guided up ramps and secured within the cargo vessel. There are limitations on height and having personal artifacts within the vehicle.
If you would rather have your vehicle, supplies or machinery shipped via a container then you could go that option as well. Shipping containers come in predetermined sizes (20 and 40ft) and aren’t always ideal for large and heavy cargo. They do provide more basic security and protection from the elements at a higher price point.
If your item is too large for a shipping container and unable to be wheeled onto the vessel, then shipping via LoLo (Lift On/Lift Off) would be the way to go. Using a crane operator, your cargo is lifted from the dock and placed onto the ship. This is a very good way to ship all sorts of uniquely sized items since they will be lifted above, and on top of everything else. Special precautions and cost go into this shipping method due to the detail and man hours involved.
Lastly, you can use a flat rack to get your oversized cargo to Mauritania. Flat racks only have sides on the short side of the rack, so the freight can stick out the side of the “container” during transit. Incredibly useful as it can be used to transport mostly anything not made available by the other shipping options.
Related Information & FAQs
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇲🇷 Mauritania, (MR)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇲🇷 Mauritania, (MR)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- Car Shipping To Or From Port of Ponce, Puerto RicoShip Car To AalborgShip Car To AarhusShip Car To AbbotsfordShip Car To AbéchéShip Car To AberdeenShip Car To AbhaShip Car To AbidjanShip Car To AboboShip Car To Abomey-CalaviShip Car To AbovyanShip Car To Abu DhabiShip Car To Abū GhuraybShip Car To AcapulcoShip Car To AccraShip Car To AcharnesShip Car To AdamaShip Car To AdanaShip Car To Adda-DoueniShip Car To Addis AbabaShip Car To AdelaideShip Car To AdenShip Car To AfghanistanShip Car To AgadezShip Car To Aguascalientes
- What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August