Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Nouakchott
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Nouakchott is the capital and currently the largest city in the country of Mauritania and one of the biggest in Sahara. It is also the economic and the administrative center of the country.
It is also the hub of the economy and it is currently home of the port which is responsible for handling over 500,000 tons of cargo every single year and has two international airports.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Considerations when shipping a car from the USA.
If you have decided to ship your car from the U.S, you would have to make sure to take the following steps:
- Clean the car on the inside in order to prevent any possible complications. You need to remove the child car seats as well as any jumper cables or other parts which are not mounted in the car.
- The car has to get customs’ approval and it needs to be taken care of prior to loading it on the ship.
- You must be physically present during the inspection to answer some required questions.
- After this you would be allowed to go on the ship with the vehicle.
- If you are using the RO/RO method you would be allowed a parking space on the ship and means to fasten it on the deck.
Methods of Shipment.
There are several ports from the US including the New York Port, LA Port and the Savannah Port from where you can ship to Nouakchott in Mauritania. The standard shipping methods are two. One that is more frequently used is called the Roll On/Roll Off method. The vehicle is going to be driven on the ship after the inspections. It should be then emptied by all items and personal goods apart from the spare tire, car jacks and the floor mats. The car is going to be then driven onto a closed deck and it would be properly fastened. The second option is container shipping. The containers vary in size and they are generally 20ft and 40 ft. depending on your needs. Your vehicle will be then stored within the container while the transportation takes place and driven off after it’s through.
If you are to ship the car from the US towards the closest port in Mauritania you have to take into consideration the new vehicles are dutiable and you would need to take care of some documents like:
- Documents stating car details.
- Identification number of the car.
- License plate and the number which is currently on.
- The proof of purchase as well as the bill of lading.
- Social Security number copy.
- Passport of the owner copy.
- Driver’s license copy.
- Documents and proof of insurance.
Inspection and Custom Clearance preparations.
There are a few things to do if you want these procedures to go smoothly – have the required paperwork properly filled out and signed. It is important to do this prior to the inspection in order to smooth the whole process. If you fail to comply with some of the requirements issues will arise and it would definitely slow things up. This can often cause weeks of unwanted delay which may cause you a lot of complications. It is important that you do this trip as per your schedule in order to avoid further expenses. Make sure that you or someone else is on the place with the required documents in order to unload the vehicle off the ship and to pay the required import duties and some other necessary taxes. You might need to contact the Embassy of Mauritania for further details.