Car Shipping Malawi
Ship Your Car To Or From Malawi
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Direct auto shipping costs to Malawi from the U.S. are most often in the range of $3,200 and $6,200, though there is some variance due to import costs, registration and taxes once the vehicle arrives.
- Smaller and standard sized cars are cheaper to ship than larger ones that may not fit inside of a transport container.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Malawi
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Blantyre||$275||$4,700||5+36|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Lilongwe||$350||$8,900||5+44|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Blantyre||$400||$4,700||5+36|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Blantyre||$450||$7,200||5+44|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Lilongwe||$550||$8,900||6+44|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Lilongwe||$575||$6,400||6+36|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Lilongwe||$675||$6,400||6+36|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Blantyre||$775||$7,200||7+44|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Lilongwe||$800||$6,400||6+36|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Lilongwe||$1,025||$8,900||7+44|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Malawi is a wonderful landlocked country in Southeast Africa with a ton to do and see, from safari animals to boating on Lake Malawi. Many people come from all over to visit the country which is bordered by Zambia, Tanzania, and Mozambique.
While visiting for an extended length of time or even relocating to the Republic of Malawi permanently, having a personal vehicle to travel quicker and more freely will be of great convenience. The country has plenty of roadways and is bordered by so many other great countries that traveling locally is rather simple.
The Roadways in Malawi
The roadways in Malawi consist of 9,601 miles. Less than half of the roads are paved. However, all of them are relatively convenient for personal vehicle travel. U.S. citizens will need to be cautious while driving on the unpaved roadways throughout the country. However, Malawi is constantly trying hard to improve the roadways and whether roads are paved or unpaved, travel to nearly any part of the country is possible.
Traveling outside of Malawi effortless and there are highways that can take you to all bordering countries. Having a personal vehicle will cut any travel expenses for local travel and will ultimately, save a vehicle owner money.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Requirements for Shipping to Malawi
Shipping a vehicle to Malawi isn't difficult and can be done for anyone moving from the United States to Malawi. There aren't many restrictions and standard documentation is needed.
- The vehicle must be owned by the owner for at least a year.
- Only one vehicle per family is permitted in Malawi.
- Proof of ownership, proof of vehicle's purchase, and Certificate of Registration are needed.
- The value of the vehicle can not exceed K500, which 500 kwacha (Malawi currency).
The owner can have an agent deliver the vehicle to them if necessary, but someone must be present at the time of the vehicle's arrival to any of the nearby ports.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Malawi
- Registration card
- Bill of lading
- Employment contract (if applicable)
How to Decide between RO/RO Shipping or Container Shipping
When considering all the possible methods of shipping a vehicle from the U.S. to Malawi, container shipping and RO/RO are the most common options. While a vehicle can be shipped by air, this is a very expensive method of importing.
- RO/RO shipping is the easiest on the pocketbook. It is a cheap sufficient means of importation that allows the car to be driven onto the ship and driven off the ship. However, this means the vehicle must remain empty with the exception of floor mats, a car jack, and a spare tire.
- Container shipping allows for more belongings to be shipped with the vehicle. The vehicle can be filled with personal property as well as the container itself. A container can also be shared with another person, easing the cost of shipping. Make sure that all property is allowed to be imported into Malawi.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Malawi
A1 Auto Transport isn’t just capable of transporting vehicles but we can ship nearly any type of heavy equipment or oversized cargo too. Since we have access to the greatest and most durable shipping equipment and the latest in shipping technology, transporting heavy and oversized cargo nationally and internationally is easy for us to do. We also have trained and educated staff members ready to help guide you through the process of obtaining a certificate of import approval from Customs.
We have shipped all kinds of cargo outside of the United States. We are certain that we can successfully have your cargo delivered into Malawi (lawfully permitting) regardless of what it is. To give you a sense of what we can and have shipped overseas, here is a brief list…
- Skid Steer Loaders
- Backhoe Loaders
- Telescopic Handlers
- Asphalt Pavers
- Dump Trucks and Other Large Vehicles
- Pontoon Boats and Yachts
What Are My Options?
A1 offers a variety of overseas shipping services and features. As for our methods of international transport, we have four amazing solutions. However, some of these options may not be available to you. The transport methods you’re able to take advantage of will depend on the type of heavy equipment or oversized cargo you are shipping to Malawi.
Our International Shipping Services
- Container Transport- An enclosed transport service that offers the ultimate protection. Unfortunately, not all oversized and heavy equipment can fit into a 40ft shipping container. If you’re eligible to use this transport method, your cargo will be kept safe from inclement weather and all outside hazards.
- Flat Rack Shipping- This is the most secure form of open air transport that we have to offer. Your cargo is fastened to a metal frame before it is placed atop the ship. If bad weather is a concern, your cargo might get wrapped with shrink wrap.
- RoRo Shipping- The most affordable open air transport method available. Your equipment or vehicle must have the ability to drive onto and off of the shipping vessel using a ramp.
- LoLo Shipping- An open air service that’s commonly used by those transporting crated equipment or inoperable vehicles overseas.