Ship Your Car To Or From Malawi
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Direct auto shipping costs to Malawi from the U.S. are most often in the range of $3,200 and $6,200, though there is some variance due to import costs, registration and taxes once the vehicle arrives.
- Smaller and standard sized cars are cheaper to ship than larger ones that may not fit inside of a transport container.
Malawi is a wonderful landlocked country in Southeast Africa with a ton to do and see, from safari animals to boating on Lake Malawi. Many people come from all over to visit the country which is bordered by Zambia, Tanzania, and Mozambique.
While visiting for an extended length of time or even relocating to the Republic of Malawi permanently, having a personal vehicle to travel quicker and more freely will be of great convenience. The country has plenty of roadways and is bordered by so many other great countries that traveling locally is rather simple.
The Roadways in Malawi
The roadways in Malawi consist of 9,601 miles. Less than half of the roads are paved. However, all of them are relatively convenient for personal vehicle travel. U.S. citizens will need to be cautious while driving on the unpaved roadways throughout the country. However, Malawi is constantly trying hard to improve the roadways and whether roads are paved or unpaved, travel to nearly any part of the country is possible.
Traveling outside of Malawi effortless and there are highways that can take you to all bordering countries. Having a personal vehicle will cut any travel expenses for local travel and will ultimately, save a vehicle owner money.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Requirements for Shipping to Malawi
Shipping a vehicle to Malawi isn’t difficult and can be done for anyone moving from the United States to Malawi. There aren’t many restrictions and standard documentation is needed.
- The vehicle must be owned by the owner for at least a year.
- Only one vehicle per family is permitted in Malawi.
- Proof of ownership, proof of vehicle’s purchase, and Certificate of Registration are needed.
- The value of the vehicle can not exceed K500, which 500 kwacha (Malawi currency).
The owner can have an agent deliver the vehicle to them if necessary, but someone must be present at the time of the vehicle’s arrival to any of the nearby ports.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Malawi
- Registration card
- Bill of lading
- Employment contract (if applicable)
How to Decide between RO/RO Shipping or Container Shipping
When considering all the possible methods of shipping a vehicle from the U.S. to Malawi, container shipping and RO/RO are the most common options. While a vehicle can be shipped by air, this is a very expensive method of importing.
- RO/RO shipping is the easiest on the pocketbook. It is a cheap sufficient means of importation that allows the car to be driven onto the ship and driven off the ship. However, this means the vehicle must remain empty with the exception of floor mats, a car jack, and a spare tire.
- Container shipping allows for more belongings to be shipped with the vehicle. The vehicle can be filled with personal property as well as the container itself. A container can also be shared with another person, easing the cost of shipping. Make sure that all property is allowed to be imported into Malawi.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?