Ship Your Car To Or From Salima, Malawi
Located in the central region of Malawi, Salima is a beautiful place to visit. When you are moving to Salima to visit or to work, you will want to consider bringing your own vehicle from the USA, so you can get around when you want to. The freedom you have to go wherever you want to go whenever you want to is worth the transport fees. Additionally, as Malawi does not have indigenous auto industry, if you don’t have your own vehicle, buying an imported car might be exorbitantly expensive.
There are paved roads to drive around in Malawi so getting around means that you can go anywhere you want to go without the added stress of road conditions in unfamiliar territory however until you get used to driving here, it may be a good idea to take added precaution while traveling. The government is working constantly to make Malawi a better place to live, work, and visit.
Requirements for Shipping Your Car to Malawi
When you are ready to transport your vehicle from the United States to Malawi, you will need the expert experience found only in A-1 Auto Transport, a company that has been in business for more than twenty years, providing customers the means and knowledge as well as support to move their vehicles in a timely manner. Before you get started, you should familiarize yourself with the requirements for shipping into Malawi. These requirements include:
- You must have owned the vehicle for at least one year
- The vehicle cannot exceed K500 or 500 kwacha based on Malawi currency.
- Only one vehicle per family while in Malawi
- You will need to show proof of ownership, proof of purchase, and the registration certification on the vehicle you are shipping to Malawi.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
When you are ready to ship your vehicle, all you need to have is A1 Auto Transport Service to get you there. An agent will work with you every step of the way to ensure that all procedures are followed and all paperwork is available when requested.
Types of Shipping Options
Those shipping to Malawi will have two different shipping options to choose from:
- Container shipping is a good option when you have a vehicle that is more expensive or you want to protect from the weather on the sea. It is also a good option if you are interested in shipping over your personal items as well. You can choose from a 20 or 40-foot container so you can adjust your size according to your budget and your needs. As the container is sealed after everything is packed inside, it will only be opened at the port in Malawi within the presence of Customs officials.
- Roll On/ Roll Off – RORO shipping is a more affordable option. Your car will need to be completely cleaned out, non-permanent accessories removed, while fuel and air conditioning gas need to be removed to minimize fire hazards. This is the cheapest option as you only pay for the parking bay. Your vehicle will be placed in a bay on a deck of a cargo ship where it will ride until it reaches the port in Malawi.
You can learn more about importing your vehicle by visiting the Embassy of Malawi for further rules and regulations.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory