Car Shipping Italy
Shipping A Car To Italy From The USA
Shipping A Car To Italy.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Much of the cost of shipping a car to Italy from the U.S. depends on the point of origin. (Cars on the West Coast will cost more to ship than those on the East Coast, for example.)
- Generally speaking, you can expect to pay from $2,800 to $4,700 to ship a car to Italy.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Italy
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Genoa||$400||$3,000||5+35|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Genoa||$450||$3,000||5+34|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Livorno||$475||$3,000||6+38|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Livorno||$550||$3,000||6+38|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Palermo||$575||$3,400||6+35|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Genoa||$700||$3,000||6+26|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Genoa||$775||$3,000||7+34|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Genoa||$800||$3,000||6+26|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Palermo||$925||$3,400||7+35|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Genoa||$1,025||$3,000||7+34|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Exporting a car to another country is no simple task. Not only are the logistics more challenging, but the laws that apply to cargo transport can be very different from one country to the next. This highlights the importance of finding a qualified, experienced professional when having a car shipped from the United States to Italy.
For shipping, a vehicle to European countries (or those in the European Union at least) imports are subject to a standard tariff, as well as a value added tax or “VAT.” The most recent numbers indicate the value added tax for Italy is around 22%.
Read more about Italy vehicle registration process here.
To learn more about having a car transported to Italy, call us today for a free consultation at 1-800-518-8708! You can also get a FREE, instant quote using the submission form to the right!
Options For Shipping A Car From The U.S. To Italy
- Air Freight - Shipping by air is more expensive than shipping a car by boat, which accounts for the high cost of the service. Generally speaking, air freight is reserved for particularly high value, rare or expensive autos that need the maximum level of attention and protection available during transport.
- RO/RO (Roll On/Roll Off) - Roll on, roll off service--called RoRo for short--is the most common way to move a car internationally. The process is just about as simple as it sounds: your car is rolled on (driven) on the boat and secured, then rolled off when it reaches its destination port.
- Containerized Transport - Containerized transport is not unlike Ro/Ro service in that the vehicle is still driven into the container before being secured. Containers may hold more than one vehicle at a time and are then airlifted onto the ship before delivery.
- Port-To-Port - Shipping directly from one port to another is a good way to save money on moving a car to Italy. For instance, if you lived in Florida, you could drive your car to a port in Jacksonville and have it shipped directly to Italy. The other option (see below) involves hiring a transporter to move your car to the port, which can easily be added to a service.
- Door-To-Port - It’s not uncommon for customers to need a car delivered from their home to a port before being shipped off to Italy. We provide comprehensive services that can handle your auto moving needs every step of the way, from door to port and port to Europe, we do it all!
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Italy
- Valid passport (copy acceptable).
- Original title.
- Bill of lading.
- Declaration of conformity.
- Italian vehicle insurance.
- Certificate of residence.
Find out more about our international auto shipping rates to Italy by calling us at 1-800-518-8708 or get a free price quote by filling out the form at the top of the page!
Resources For Shipping A Car To Italy
- How To Register A Car In Italy - Information on how to register a car in Italy if it was purchased in the United States. Important forms and transport resources can also be found on this page.
- International Driving Permit - Apply for an international driving permit from AAA and your U.S. driver’s license will allow you to legally drive in Italy, as well as other states in the EU (European Union).
- Guide To Italian Traffic Signs - To the unfamiliar, the Italian road signs may be a little confusing. Here’s a guide so you can make sure you know the rules and etiquette of the road.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Italy
Hiring licensed transporters with experience in the international shipping process of heavy equipment and oversized cargo is the ultimately safest and most affordable way to get your equipment delivered to the country of Italy. As professionals in the auto transport industry, A1 Auto Transport has been transporting oversized and heavy cargo nationally and internationally for over 25 years. With our wide range of clientele, we are often asked to transport all types of cargo. Some of the heavy equipment and oversized cargo types we are able to ship include…
- Construction Equipment including bulldozers, forklifts, dumpers, cranes, etc.
- Paving Equipment including asphalt pavers, planers, compactors, motor graders, reclaimers, etc.
- Agricultural Equipment including tractors, combine harvesters, plows, balers, backhoes, spreaders, drills, mowers, etc.
- Mining Equipment including loaders, excavators, haulers, etc.
What Are My Shipping Options?
There are various methods of international transport available to those trying to ship their cargo from the U.S. to the Italy. After you provide information regarding your cargo to the representatives we have waiting to take your phone call, you will find out which methods are available to you as according to the type of cargo you have. Nonetheless, we’d like to give you a little insight as to how we’re capable of conducting your international transport by providing you with some details about each of our overseas shipping methods.
- Flat Rack- an open air service that secures your cargo to a metal flat rack before it is placed on the ship. Securing it to the metal frame prevents your cargo from shifting during its transport to Italy from the U.S.
- LoLo Shipping- this open air service is for anyone with inoperable vehicles or crated equipment. A crane is used to carefully get your cargo on top of and off of the ship.
- RoRo Shipping- this open air method is the most popular and affordable of all the shipping options. Your vehicle must be operable or able to roll onto and off of the ship using a ramp.
- Container Shipping- As the most expensive method, this transport option encloses your cargo within a 40ft shipping container to protect it from outside elements as it travels.