Shipping A Car To Italy From The USA
Shipping A Car To Italy.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Much of the cost of shipping a car to Italy from the U.S. depends on the point of origin. (Cars on the West Coast will cost more to ship than those on the East Coast, for example.)
- Generally speaking, you can expect to pay from $2,800 to $4,700 to ship a car to Italy.
Exporting a car to another country is no simple task. Not only are the logistics more challenging, but the laws that apply to cargo transport can be very different from one country to the next. This highlights the importance of finding a qualified, experienced professional when having a car shipped from the United States to Italy.
For shipping, a vehicle to European countries (or those in the European Union at least) imports are subject to a standard tariff, as well as a value added tax or “VAT.” The most recent numbers indicate the value added tax for Italy is around 22%.
Read more about Italy vehicle registration process here.
To learn more about having a car transported to Italy, call us today for a free consultation at 1-800-518-8708! You can also get a FREE, instant quote using the submission form to the right!
Options For Shipping A Car From The U.S. To Italy.
- Air Freight – Shipping by air is more expensive than shipping a car by boat, which accounts for the high cost of the service. Generally speaking, air freight is reserved for particularly high value, rare or expensive autos that need the maximum level of attention and protection available during transport.
- RO/RO (Roll On/Roll Off) – Roll on, roll off service–called RoRo for short–is the most common way to move a car internationally. The process is just about as simple as it sounds: your car is rolled on (driven) on the boat and secured, then rolled off when it reaches its destination port.
- Containerized Transport – Containerized transport is not unlike Ro/Ro service in that the vehicle is still driven into the container before being secured. Containers may hold more than one vehicle at a time and are then airlifted onto the ship before delivery.
- Port-To-Port – Shipping directly from one port to another is a good way to save money on moving a car to Italy. For instance, if you lived in Florida, you could drive your car to a port in Jacksonville and have it shipped directly to Italy. The other option (see below) involves hiring a transporter to move your car to the port, which can easily be added to a service.
- Door-To-Port – It’s not uncommon for customers to need a car delivered from their home to a port before being shipped off to Italy. We provide comprehensive services that can handle your auto moving needs every step of the way, from door to port and port to Europe, we do it all!
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Italy.
- Valid passport (copy acceptable).
- Original title.
- Bill of lading.
- Declaration of conformity.
- Italian vehicle insurance.
- Certificate of residence.
Find out more about our international auto shipping rates to Italy by calling us at 1-800-518-8708 or get a free price quote by filling out the form at the top of the page!
Resources For Shipping A Car To Italy.
How To Register A Car In Italy – Information on how to register a car in Italy if it was purchased in the United States. Important forms and transport resources can also be found on this page.
International Driving Permit – Apply for an international driving permit from AAA and your U.S. driver’s license will allow you to legally drive in Italy, as well as other states in the EU (European Union).
Guide To Italian Traffic Signs – To the unfamiliar, the Italian road signs may be a little confusing. Here’s a guide so you can make sure you know the rules and etiquette of the road.
Related Information & FAQs.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?